INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crackling from WMD driver  (Read 752 times)

Trdat

• Recent member
Crackling from WMD driver
« on: November 01, 2021, 09:17:01 am »

I posted a while back with no response and I am sure that this has been discussed plenty of time but is there a solution to the WMD drivers inherent crackling and latency problem?

I have tried all the instructions regarding changing latency but to no avail.

I have the latest JRiver and still have the problem with all versions.

The WMD driver is important for my system as I use triamped system and without it I can't listen to spotify.

Any help will be appreciated.

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Re: Crackling from WMD driver
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2021, 12:49:08 am »

If you've tried most everything this is probably a silly question. But have you configured the JRiver audio driver from within windows so that the sample rate and bit-depth match the selected output device within JRiver?

I have my own issues with the WDM driver where every so often the audio just all turns into distorted white noise. Unfortunately I didn't get a reply when I posted about this either so maybe audio drivers are a bit of a dark art so to speak? I did find a 'temporary' fix if I open and close the configure page for WDM driver within the windows sound control panel is seems to 'reset' the driver. Maybe that's also worth trying?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2021, 05:50:00 am »

Dear Trdat, I sometimes had a sound problem with the WDM driver. To fix it was simple for me. I de-installed the driver and installed it again. Maybe this could help
Take care
Wake up and slow down 😴

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2021, 12:21:52 am »

If you've tried most everything this is probably a silly question. But have you configured the JRiver audio driver from within windows so that the sample rate and bit-depth match the selected output device within JRiver?

I have my own issues with the WDM driver where every so often the audio just all turns into distorted white noise. Unfortunately I didn't get a reply when I posted about this either so maybe audio drivers are a bit of a dark art so to speak? I did find a 'temporary' fix if I open and close the configure page for WDM driver within the windows sound control panel is seems to 'reset' the driver. Maybe that's also worth trying?

Ill play around with the windows settings to see if there is any difference.

When you say close the configure page for WDM what exactly do you mean?

Trdat

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2021, 12:22:55 am »

Dear Trdat, I sometimes had a sound problem with the WDM driver. To fix it was simple for me. I de-installed the driver and installed it again. Maybe this could help
Take care

Ive tried that many times, but I will try one more time. When you say install and and uninstall you mean just deactivating it from the setting in JRiver right?

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2021, 06:56:01 am »

Dear Trdat, yes deactivate the WDM driver in MC. Close and start MC again. The driver is then not present in the windows sound devices anymore.
Activate the WDM driver in MC again, close and start MC - WDM should now be present in Windows devices.
Could also help when you start MC as an administrator.
Good Luck
Wake up and slow down 😴
Pages: [1]   Go Up