INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DLNA settings for 4K LG webOS TV  (Read 1929 times)

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DLNA settings for 4K LG webOS TV
« on: November 03, 2021, 02:26:42 pm »

I currently lack a decent PC to use as a MediaCenter so I figured to try and use WebOS streaming capabilities. I setup a default DLNA server on MC28 and I have set the audio to PCM (I only have stereo, no surround) and video to 'original' as I don't see which format I should choose for 4K. I think looking at my material original should work fine and transcoding shouldn't be necessary.

My TV sees my DLNA server, but it disappears to reappear about a minute later. Sometimes I can browse and start a movie. It plays fine, but after a minute or so it hangs and I get a loading animation. When I press 'back', MC DLNA is gone again and after a minute or so, reappears. It goes on like that.

Everything is wired gigabit network, there's no wifi being used. I think I need to tweak some of the advanced DNLA settings, but I can't find much info on LG WebOS DLNA and which settings it requires. One thread on LG forums for another problem with another application (plex) people said it should "just work". I can't find much helpful information.

Anyone here who can help me try to make this work I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
Re: DLNA settings for 4K LG webOS TV
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 07:01:18 pm »

Use AndrewFG's DMRA tool which will let you know the capability of your renderer and also which settings you should use on MC.

https://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

InflatableMouse

• MC Beta Team
Re: DLNA settings for 4K LG webOS TV
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 01:48:00 am »

Awesome, I'll give that a try, thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up