INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28 column widths keep resetting  (Read 701 times)

6jlb9

• Recent member
MC28 column widths keep resetting
« on: November 07, 2021, 12:17:50 pm »

I've looked through the forum to see if this has already been addressed, but didn't find anything. So if it already has, my apologies for the duplicate thread.

I upgraded from MC24 to MC28 and I love it--with one exception. It's a minor one, but has been bothering me.

When I set-up the columns (name, filename, duration, etc., etc.) that I want to use and the width of those columns, each time I exit MC28 and open it up again later, the columns 'reset' to their default (I assume) width. Even if I navigate from one folder to a different folder and then back to the original folder, they reset.

In my previous versions of MC, once I set up the column types, widths, etc. they remained as I set them up, regardless of what folder I navigated to.

Here's a screen shot of what I am trying to explain. I set-up these columns and column widths for whatever folder I navigate to:

I navigate away from this particular folder, then back (or navigate from this folder to any other folder), and/or exit MC28, everything resets, regardless of the folder:

I've tried a variety of settings, created a custom preset, etc. and the issue persists. This is occuring on both of our PCs, so it's not specific to a PC.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MC28 column widths keep resetting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 03:43:52 pm »

Confirm you have turned off:

Tools\Options\Tree & View\Auto size columns

6jlb9

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 04:18:54 pm »

Confirm you have turned off:

Tools\Options\Tree & View\Auto size columns

Thank you for the reply.

I hadn't thought of that.

I verified that "Auto size columns" was not checked.

I turned on that option, exited MC28, re-opened MC28, unchecked that option, then re-sized the widths... still seeing the same issue...

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2021, 06:06:55 pm »

Maybe someone else has a different idea.

6jlb9

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2021, 04:32:10 pm »

Maybe someone else has a different idea.

I truly appreciate the reply, really. I was hoping that was going to be the fix. Thanks for the attempt, nonetheless.

I guess I'm just going to roll back to MC24 and eat the money I spent on MC28.

Disappointing, as this is such a minor issue, and I've gotten no help with it.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 04:59:53 pm »

You could just turn-off auto-sizing columns.  MC faithfully remembers the manually adjusted column widths across sessions and across re-boots.  I personally find that auto-sizing makes many of the columns too small or too large for my taste, thus I prefer to manually set the column width and then save it as preset.

If you have not used presets, they are super convenient to return the column layout to your exact preference.  This allows you to add/remove columns temporarily for whatever workflow, and then instantly return to your standard layout when your are done.  And you can make several presets for different workflows upfront, that way you only have to do the manual creation/adjustment 1 time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up