INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panes for playlists?  (Read 523 times)

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
Panes for playlists?
« on: November 20, 2021, 01:43:45 pm »

Hello,

Is there a way to use or create a Panes view for music smartlists and playlists? If there is, is there a way to make it the defaults for new lists?

Thanks
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panes for playlists?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 02:42:21 pm »

Not possible, though you can, if you like, create a panes view with the first pane being a playlist group.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 10:58:03 pm »

Although old, everything in this primer for view creation is still current today...
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=68960.0

These can be quite powerful views to use once created. The attached snip shows a playlist pane I use in my duplicates manager view.
The first three are smartlists. One of those, the one called "All Files", is a simple smartlist using the one rule, [media type]=[Audio] that ensures the unfiltered list always includes all audio files.

The ones that show a checkbox are static playlists. When files are selected in the list, you can tick/untick those check boxes to add/remove files from their respective playlists.

If this is something that might fit your intended workflow, and you need some help setting it up, just shout.

-marko

AllanM

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 11:08:56 pm »

Thanks. I started with the Panes view and added a playlist group of my smartlists as you suggested. Works great.
--
Mostly a headphone guy. I use JRiver exclusively for music.
Pages: [1]   Go Up