INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Local Network Client editing of tags  (Read 448 times)

KDPearson

• Recent member
Local Network Client editing of tags
« on: November 21, 2021, 12:23:35 pm »

I have JRiver Media Center 28 on a computer on my local network, which my wife and I can access from our respective laptops.   In MC28 I have created separate rating (5 star) and selection (yes/no) fields for both my wife and I.  If we are using the computer with MC28 on it, we can rate and select various media files each according to our preferences.  Using Panel, we can both access these files for playback.

My question is;  Is it possible to rate and/or select media files in MC28 from our laptops?  In other words, can clients edit tag information on the server?

I've played around with Panel and haven't found anything that would let me rate and/or select from client laptop.  Any direction or instructions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Local Network Client editing of tags
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 12:46:11 pm »

Tags on a server can be updated only if you use Authentication on the server.

KDPearson

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 12:53:21 pm »

Thank you.  I will research Authentication.  Having looked, I do have Authentication set and have to log in with a name and password.

Although I am looking at how to change the view on Panel using    Options>Media Network>Advanced>Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo & Panel.  Since I can change my rating on Panel.  I just trying to figure out how to change the view to show  My Select and wife' rating and select fields.  I've customized the view on the server but it doesn't seem to change the view on the clients end.  I've tried rebooting both server and client to see if that changes view on client, but that hasn't helped.

KDPearson

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 04:55:50 pm »

thanks for your response.

After some investigation, I'm going to post in the media networking section of the forum.  I think my ultimate question is:  Can I add additional fields to the Settings>Advanced>Features section of Panel?   Currently Ratings is the only feature you can turn on and off.  I would like to add wife ratings and select.
Pages: [1]   Go Up