INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Tiles view  (Read 704 times)

666JTK666

• Junior Woodchuck
The Tiles view
« on: November 22, 2021, 12:47:13 am »

I really like the enlarged cover art of this view but the tags that are displayed are not correct for all media.
Is it possible to change what tags are displayed ? If the tags cant be changed can they be turned off ?
This would be really useful for things like movie's , Audio Books, things other then just music.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: The Tiles view
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 11:26:01 am »

...but the tags that are displayed are not correct for all media.
If the tags are not correct, you can change them to what they should be by editing the tags yourself.

Is it possible to change what tags are displayed ?   If the tags cant be changed can they be turned off ?
For the tiles view, I am virtually certain the answer is no to both these questions.  But if your primary desire is to simply show the cover art larger, just use the slider control to increase/decrease the thumbnail size. See yellow highlighted portion at the far right end of the tab bar.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 10:19:45 pm »

That's thumbnails ;)

666JTK666's question relates to tiles and is born out of this earlier discussion:
Ok here is another ScreenShot,
I have the sorting and display pretty much nailed down and the Tiles view is gorgeous, is it possible to edit what tags are displayed to the right of the tile ? I would like to use other tags there especially a description/synopsis tag. Really the way i want to examine and choose my audio books is a lot like how i imagine I would want to choose movies or TV shows.
Thank you so much for your suggestions !!

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 10:27:12 pm »

The answer to your question is "No".

If you experiment, you will note that different tags are shown in tiles for different media types. I think then, that you have a request of the devs for a specific template of a set of tile tags for audio books.

If you use the existing tiles info for the various types as a guide, and can then specify a small set of tags, and the template you think would work nicely for audiobooks, and then present that as a request, it may, (or may not be) added.

If you don't ask though, it almost certainly won't be :)

-marko

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2021, 10:48:10 pm »

Hey Marko, please re-read my post. I also said that tiles cannot be "resized", but since the OP said
I really like the enlarged cover art
and also asked
If the tags can't be changed can they be turned off ?
I was simply pointing out a way he could achieve exactly that by using the thumbnail slider (which I specifically indicated was for increasing/decreasing the thumbnail size, NOT the tile size). 

Come to think of it, he could add the tags he wants to show as thumbnail text.  Of course it would NOT be arranged as it would be in "tile" view, but maybe it would work for whatever tags he wants to show. 

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2021, 11:42:32 pm »

True... Your screenshot made all the text kind of... disappear from my eyes ;)

Come to think of it, he could add the tags he wants to show as thumbnail text.  Of course it would NOT be arranged as it would be in "tile" view, but maybe it would work for whatever tags he wants to show.
Good shout. Especially as the target is a large thumbnail, and, going back to the original thread, creating a custom field to group by would offer up a single book for each group, big thumb, text below it.

I would still take a punt on the request though. Audiobooks should probably have their own tile template. Feels to me like something heavy audiobook users would take for granted as already being there, and feel their disappointment when they find it's not!
Pages: [1]   Go Up