INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mac mini M1 monterey OS white screen playing same mp4 video  (Read 914 times)

francoricio

• Recent member
mac mini M1 monterey OS white screen playing same mp4 video
« on: November 25, 2021, 01:42:49 am »

I have already posted this issue elsewhere but have not received a reply. I have a mac mini m1 os monterey. when opening theater view mode I get a white screen. I have to go out and back in theater view. The worst part is that many mp4 videos are played with a white screen. I repeat that such videos are not DRM protected. The same videos play well on my intel imac (2020 i5 Radeon Pro 5300) os monterey. This is clearly some bug on the M1. I have attached the information of one of the videos which, moreover, is well played by Quicktime, while jriver, both in theater view and in standard view, play white screen.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: mac mini M1 monterey OS white screen playing same mp4 video
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 07:56:08 am »

I think nobody answered because nobody knows.  It's not personal.

The M1 Mac's have had a few problems.

francoricio

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 05:19:42 am »

using the quicktime inspector i noticed that all videos that are played with white screen are  primary color no tags and transfer function no tag. can it be helpful in trying to solve the problem?

francoricio

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 11:01:08 am »

I found out what the problem is. I have unchecked video acceleration in option video. Now play all well

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 05:22:51 pm »

I found out what the problem is. I have unchecked video acceleration in option video. Now play all well
So it appears there is some issue with those types of videos with Hardware acceleration on M1 Macs. That's good information.
Pages: [1]   Go Up