INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a roadmap for the Media Network?  (Read 367 times)

DrKNo

• World Citizen
Is there a roadmap for the Media Network?
« on: December 01, 2021, 03:42:26 am »

I haven't been following MC as closely as I did due to job and family taking up all my time, so please excuse if I missed the obvious. I had the feeling that the Media Network is not receiving much updates right now. Is there a roadmap for what is planned for it in the foreseeable future?

If I could design my ideal dream pony of how the network worked, it would be the following:

1) Connecting to a JRiver Media Server from another computer via access key (The process has a given name, but I can't remember it) offers the full feature set. Especially analysing audio, changing cover art and adding new files to the collection.

2) Especially, it would be great if it could bridge working between filesystems this way. i.e. if it would allow me to stream local media, and at local media the the server

3) Ideally, that would include configuring settings

Note: The main reason for this is that is cumbersome to have a server where you don't have local access with a keyboard. and a good place to work. The only other option is to Remote Desktop to the server, and then working with local files becomes a hassle again.

4) A way to more transparently find or debug Zones. I have several DLNA zones that just disappear sometimes and only return once I restart MC Server. Im aware DLNA is an absolute horror to code for. I have no idea if making this better is feasible. I'd love if it could be improved though.

5) A bit contrary to the previous points: For situations where you need to take copies of your collection with you, it's be great if it would be easier to copy a media server's views, fields and everything to your Laptop. Ideally, I would envision this to work by connecting to a media server, copying the settings for custom fields, view, etc. and defining where the library lives on the local pc. Syncing media can be done via other tools conveniently enough IMHO. Right now, this is actually impossible to achieve with restoring backups from the server, since you either import all data along with proprietary settings like the Access Key, or you import media without the views. I also have files a pretty wild bug trying to set up a local copy on a mac in the MC27 for Mac board that may or may not be related.

I'm aware these posts easily come off as entitled demand-making. This is not the case. Thank you for your work and consideration.
Pages: [1]   Go Up