INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Home Music Solutions  (Read 1151 times)

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
Home Music Solutions
« on: December 01, 2021, 10:38:57 pm »

Hi,

I'm exploring solutions to play music in various rooms around my home and just wondering what you guys are doing?

Currently, I use MC28 on my PC, sync playlists to my phone and then play via a few portable BT speakers (Megaboom 3 etc) around the home.

I'm checking out Gizmo for the family to use as well.  That seems ok so far.

Are these the main 2 ways that most MC users are using to play music around the home?

Thanks!
Nicholas

LGV40, Samsung Tab S7+ & Sony WH1000XM4 = some peace in the chaos.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: Home Music Solutions
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 10:53:16 pm »

I've got everything hooked into my home network and play from MC using DLNA. Gives a lot of flexibility and can control from the phone or tablet.

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 10:57:58 pm »

Hi Scobie,

Thanks for your reply.

When you say "everything".  What exactly do you have hooked in?  Phones, tablets, smart speakers...?

Thank you!
Nicholas

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 05:49:41 am »

If you haven't done so, please read the Media Network topic on our wiki.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 11:16:58 pm »

When you say "everything".  What exactly do you have hooked in?  Phones, tablets, smart speakers...?

Apologies for being obtuse, by "everything" I mean anything that is network enabled that is part of my music setup: Speakers, Receivers, Blu Ray,  and my music library on a NAS (or media server). I can control all of these from MC whether it is on a phone or tablet with JRemote/Panel or PC/laptop with MediaCenter.

Good advice from Jim, have a read of that to get your head around the different components of a home network music setup.

Nicholas T

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2021, 02:49:14 am »

Thanks Jim and Scobie for your replies.

I forgot there was a wiki!   ::)

Cheers,
Nicholas

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2021, 02:15:36 pm »

In addition to the above, I also use MO 4Media on my phone to play music in my car via Android Auto. 

JTrt

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2022, 01:10:03 pm »

Richard, when you use MO 4Media on AA, will it load your entire library? Mine (2200+ albums) just spins forever. Same thing happens with Bandcamp. While I'm complaining, Youtube Music on AA says my library is empty. I can use the applications on my phone to play music and it will be mirrored on AA, but that's not the point.  Thanks.

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 11:49:47 am »

Richard, when you use MO 4Media on AA, will it load your entire library? Mine (2200+ albums) just spins forever. Same thing happens with Bandcamp. While I'm complaining, Youtube Music on AA says my library is empty. I can use the applications on my phone to play music and it will be mirrored on AA, but that's not the point.  Thanks.
I have 1280 albums but I rarely, if ever try to load the whole library on MO 4 Media.  I have a variety of smart lists that are limited to 100 tracks each and usually play one of those.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2022, 01:47:26 pm »

Mine (2200+ albums) just spins forever.

See the setting in the MO 4Media AA app "Maximum number of browse items" and change it to a lower number.  Browsing long lists in AA is not convenient so I would recommend making a custom view with albums grouped by letter.  See the MO 4Media thread if you have more questions.

To the original question, I have a Denon AVR in my main listening area and some Kindle (Android) tablets spread around the house.  I use a phone remote (MO 4Media, of course  :)) to control DLNA push playback from the server to the AVR and playback directly in MO 4Media on the tablets (analog out to speakers or bluetooth for audio).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP
Pages: [1]   Go Up