INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alternative to Oppo 105D for multichannel streaming  (Read 2083 times)

ajw1997

• Recent member
Alternative to Oppo 105D for multichannel streaming
« on: December 03, 2021, 02:49:19 am »

Hello,
I've been using an Oppo 105D for multichannel streaming from a JRiver container on my QNAP NAS.
I need to move to a new streaming device...I can't use the Oppo anymore.  :(
Now that the Oppo isn't made any more, are there any suggestions for an alternative?  Happy to get a standalone streamer. I should be able to get a reasonably priced player for my DVDs and Blu Rays etc as well.

Any suggestions that won't break the bank? 
I need it to be able to handle multi channel DSD and FLAC files.

Regards,

Andrew

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Alternative to Oppo 105D for multichannel streaming
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 10:28:45 am »

WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

stanzani

• Galactic Citizen
  • Music and Audio enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 03:28:54 am »

This solutions is attractive unless you do not need to play a bunch of DVDA SACDs like I do.
I have an Oppo BDP-105D which is working fine, I am buying a replacement in case it will leave me. You can find a used one for approx 800-900 eu on the web
Oppo was a great product and like all the great products it did not get a replacement today ... the drawback is that FW is not updated since many years but so far it works fine as DLNA renderer with the latest JRiver version 28, and also Oppo is 2K only (which I do not care, I am eyesight :) and I am more interested about audio)
The 200 (balanced stereo out and RCA mch) is expensive @1600 US$ (as I said you can get a used oppo for 800-900).

The beauty of Oppo is that it support both audio and video at the same level, and with much more connectivity for HDMI
Stereo:
DAW: Fanless Case Streatcon 7 with MSI A97I mobo, 2 x 8G RAM (Hynix) with Intel I5 CPU.
NAS: QNAP TS-531 with 5x4TB HDDs
DAC/ADC: RME ADI2 PRO
Speakers (active): 2 x ATC SCM50ASL
Subs (active): 2 x REL 528 Signature

Alex_W

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 06:42:15 pm »

I was facing a similar question (streaming MCh DSD over DLNA/UPnP that would not require me selling my kidney... :))

Unfortunately, this option is becoming more and more "niche"... not a single _current_ universal disk player from a major manufacturer  lists this feature (2ch -- sure. MCh -- no). Only one AVR -- AFAIK -- is listing its official support for playing MCh DSDs (and FLACs) via DLNA: Sony STR-DN1080, and it is in the process of being discontinued. I ended up purchasing one for CAD1000; had to edit file associations (it is outlined somewhere on this forum, search around "DSD over DLNA"); the DAC is acceptable to my ears; there are a few shortcomings in the device but, given the features/price balance, I'm willing to overlook those.

PS. There seems to be a successor to the Oppo disk players: Reavon UBR-X100 and UBR-X200 -- the latter seems to support MCh files from LAN, you might want to check this one out. Good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up