INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't play to Homepod Stereo Pair  (Read 1043 times)

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Can't play to Homepod Stereo Pair
« on: December 04, 2021, 10:16:43 am »

iMac running Big Sur 11.6.1, Media Center 28.0.89, Home pods on 15.1.1

I am unable to play audio from Media Center to the stereo paired homepods. No combination of core audio options will allow playing to the paired HomePods. I can play to my iMac speakers and also to my USB connected DAC without any problem. I just recently got the stereo paired homepods, so i have no idea as to whether this is a recent issue or an ongoing one.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can't play to Homepod Stereo Pair
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 09:45:43 am »

iMac running Big Sur 11.6.1, Media Center 28.0.89, Home pods on 15.1.1

I am unable to play audio from Media Center to the stereo paired homepods. No combination of core audio options will allow playing to the paired iPods. I can play to my iMac speakers and also to my USB connected DAC without any problem. I just recently got the stereo paired homepods, so i have no idea as to whether this is a recent issue or an ongoing one.
What happens if you choose those directly in MC's Audio settings?

If it still doesn't work, turn on logging (Help->Logging) try to play to them and when you get the error go back to Logging and do report problem. Post the log here.
Thanks.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2021, 06:59:34 am »

Well, i just discovered  have the same problem when selecting the audio to go to a single home pod as well as a stereo pair. I'm attaching the log file. In this instance i have set the sound for Jan's Office which is a single homepod on my home network and i have also set the device to Airplay (Core Audio) in Media Center. I get identical results when setting Media Center to Default (Core Audio). I am able to play Media Center to Airplay when selecting and Apple TV as the device.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2021, 07:10:29 am »

I just tried sending airplay to Den which is an Apple TV and it also did not play. I'm attaching the log file. Media Center is set to Default (Core Audio)

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2021, 10:59:55 am »

Would you check your audio settings in MC and make sure Integer mode and exclusive mode are turned off?

I don't have any issues with this playing to my apple TV.
I see from the log you tried a 44.1k 24 bit file. I did the same and it worked fine.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2021, 12:21:21 pm »

Unchecking Exclusive Access solved the problem completely. I can now play to homepods paired, unpaired, and Apple TV. Thank you. I do have Integer mode selected, but it's working fine. My understanding is that Integer Mode provides bit perfect output. Is that correct?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2021, 05:35:47 pm »

Unchecking Exclusive Access solved the problem completely. I can now play to homepods paired, unpaired, and Apple TV. Thank you. I do have Integer mode selected, but it's working fine. My understanding is that Integer Mode provides bit perfect output. Is that correct?
Yes that's what integer mode is for.
Not many devices support it.
It should be safe to leave it on, MC will drop back to floating point if a usable integer mode isn't found.
Pages: [1]   Go Up