INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the old Tidal question  (Read 600 times)

dls123

• Recent member
the old Tidal question
« on: December 04, 2021, 02:46:55 pm »

Hi
I cannot find an old thread discussing why JRiver doesn't have native Tidal support.   I have owned JRiver for years, but I now mostly listen to Tidal.  Tidal has no facility for remote control of the desktop app on the music server using an android phone.  JRiver of course has had a perfectly good android remote app for years.  I am considering Roon after years of JRiver because I mostly listen to Tidal now.   I have tried all the hack solutions like bubble up, and they are quirky.  So can someone please explain why JRiver will not offer native Tidal support as other apps like Audirvana or Roon?   I like JRiver, but find myself rarely using it anymore.  What is the JRiver company line and reasoning?  It seems you are missing a large market.   Can someone point me at an old thread that discusses this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: the old Tidal questoin
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 06:42:54 pm »

You can use Tidal's interface to play, then set MC to use as a WDM driver (visit our wiki).

Tidal is just one more attempt to gain world dominance.  Google JRiver Why Streaming Struggles.

Eventually, Amazon will probably make Tidal irrelevant. 

Why did Square buy Tidal?

dls123

• Recent member
Re: the old Tidal questoin
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 09:55:39 am »

You can use Tidal's interface to play, then set MC to use as a WDM driver (visit our wiki).

Tidal is just one more attempt to gain world dominance.  Google JRiver Why Streaming Struggles.

Eventually, Amazon will probably make Tidal irrelevant. 

Why did Square buy Tidal?

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I know I can use MC as a WDM driver. Will read your link.  I am just looking for one interface with android or windows laptop remote control of the server that can play my stored music as well as streaming services.  I find that I rarely listen to my stored music as I can get almost all of it on Tidal  and discover new music or other recordings by familiar artists.   I don't own a TV and have no interest in video, just audio.  I build custom tube preamps, amps, and phono stages and therefore am an "audiophile".  MC was a great tool when I moved my CD collection to a hard drive, and then paid for downloads.  Now we have streaming and I am happy to pay $19 per month to listen to anything I like in hi-res.   Trust me, I am no fan of the apple/google/amazon universe.  I would prefer a model where every artist had a site and you paid for a download after sampling.  I do purchase music from places like Bandcamp for that reason, but Tidal is very convenient.   Anyway, thanks.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up