INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver newbie - Zone Volume control question  (Read 1424 times)

GMahal

• Recent member
JRiver newbie - Zone Volume control question
« on: December 07, 2021, 07:04:31 pm »

Hello,

I have been using Logitec Media Center with Squeezebox Duets as well as Roon with HiFiBerry PI's for a while and am now just starting to play with JRiver.

I have to say that I like JRiver the most for browsing/playing my local collection, while Roon is nice for Tidal and music discovery, etc...

Anyway, with both LMS and Roon, I can group my players together and control the volume of those players with a single slider - vol up/vol down mechanasim. With J River, it seems I have to control the volume for each player independently, even if the players are grouped together in a zone. Unless I am missing something?

The goal is to be playing music on my local PC, which is linked to two Yamaha networked receivers (TSR7810 & AX-1040A) and be able to control the volume of all three with a single control (like LMS and Roon).

Is this possible?

Also, would folks recommend linking the PC with the two Yam receivers, or could i utilize the Squeezebox Duets? I played around with the linking the Duets and PC but it didn't seem to work too well. Maybe I didn't have it configured correctly?  Would it be worthwhile to get a a couple more HiFi Berry Pi's and install JRiver on those? Would that give me what I am looking for?

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks!!

GMahal

• Recent member
Re: JRiver newbie - Zone Volume control question
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 10:42:26 am »

Anyone?

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 11:01:35 am »

Did you right click the Zones and select Link Zones? Are you using Internal Volume control? To select Internal Volume control, right click the speaker icon to the left of the volume slider and select internal volume.

GMahal

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 11:55:28 am »

Yes, the Zones are linked. When I play something, it plays to all three players. I just have to control the volume of each player individually, and don't see how to sync the volume control (which is possible with both LMS and Roon).

And yes, I am using Internal Volume.

Is anyone else out there able to sync zone volume control? 
Pages: [1]   Go Up