Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YouTube  (Read 379 times)

stevehughes

• Recent member
YouTube
« on: December 10, 2021, 07:36:27 pm »

I've long wanted to be able to use Netflix and YouTube from within MC.  Partly to be able to use MC's DSP, and also to avoid the wife having to switch between the computer and the smart TV.  I'm pretty about excited having Netflix functionality now.

I've never had much joy playing YouTube in MC, but having just upgraded to MC28 I thought I'd give it another try.

It seems much better than last time I tried.  Maybe that's due to the Edge integration, I don't know.

There are a few issues with it that I thought I'd put out to see if there are any solutions or work-arounds.

Firstly, because it doesn't support YouTube login I lose all the personalisation that I have when I access YouTube direct via a web browser.  Also, and maybe related, it doesn't remember my searches. Are there any cunning workarounds for either of these?

Secondly, compared to direct web browser the playback is very slow to start and very slow to seek.  Often up to a 10 second 'Loading' delay, and then another 'Buffering' delay. Is there any way to improve this?

Thanks.
Steve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up