INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I Setup and Use "LyricFinder" please for MC28  (Read 658 times)

johnhallkenney

How do I Setup and Use "LyricFinder" please for MC28
« on: December 15, 2021, 03:30:28 am »

As per the title, I've downloaded the LyricFinder plugin and installed it.

Where do I go from here please?
It (lyricfinder) asked for a few fields to be filled in, which I answered to the best of my ability. It doesn't pop up anymore and the program restart, so I must have done something correct
Where do I find my Access key? Is this my registration key?
Lastly, aren't the lyrics supposed to show in the Display window at the bottom left of the player?
When I right-click a playing song and click on Lyric Lookup, nothing happens.
Under my manage Links, I can't see LyricFinder. I think I remember seeing it there on another post.

Cheers and thanks for an awesome player

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How do I Setup and Use "LyricFinder" please for MC28
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 06:41:49 am »

Some of your questions can be answered with a Google search if you add "JRiver". 

johnhallkenney

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 08:53:57 am »

Thanks for the suggestion. It was the first thing I did.
Results point back to this forum, where the answer can't be found. Hence my question.  :'(

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 04:50:32 pm »

If you are still having trouble, or got it working but are not satisfied with it, check out this free program:  https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/

I’ve been using it for years and it works fantastic. It is updated regularly, and has a super simple interface. Just drag a track, an album, or a whole bunch of albums and it immediately begins searching numerous lyrics sites. It will typically find 1 full album of lyrics in about 10 seconds.  If you already have lyrics for a given track, it ignores the search for those file and simply shows your current lyrics, so no potential for overwriting good lyrics with bad (though I recommend you test that with a few tracks first to make sure it behaves the same for you before trying it out on huge file list that may already have lyrics.

Make sure you click the button with the pencil at the bottom of the lyrics window to write the search results to the file tags. After that, run the Update library (from tags) command to update your MC library/database (since the lyrics program writes to file tags, and not the database).

johnhallkenney

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 07:05:51 pm »

Thanks for your replies, that's what i was after
Pages: [1]   Go Up