INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to remove this bar 'Get something you like playing'  (Read 1112 times)

Sanxel

• Recent member
How to remove this bar 'Get something you like playing'
« on: December 15, 2021, 03:04:30 pm »

I don't have this in JRiver 26, now want to remove it in 28.
it's probably useful, but I have my reasons to disable it, can you advise how to do it?
Also in 26 I was adding 2 buttons for opening Options and DSP Studio, can't seem to find how to add them in 28.
When upgrading from 26 to 28, only the library was saved, all the settings got to default, which is actually okay for me, I was planning to reconfigure it anyway.
Thanks.

Sanxel

• Recent member
Re: How to remove this bar 'Get something you like playing'
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 03:11:07 pm »

Actually the only reason I bother to remove this bar is the following. I can't disable on screen notifications, like when pausing/playing, or rewinding. But I noticed that there are no on-screen instructions in 'Cover View'. And for some videos, which I need to often rewind, pause, and play, like Youtube instructions that I download, I use a 'Cover View' instead of a 'Display View'.
In Cover view, some bars take up space, at the top and at the bottom.
If I watch a movie, when I don't rewind or pause often, so I won't be annoyed by on-screen messages, I use Display View.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 04:20:07 pm »

I have never seen that message, probably because I have "On Screen Instructions" turned off in settings.  Also, you can turn off the OSD (On Screen Display) in the Display View Window for the pop-up volume/track position at the bottom of the screen. There is search bar at the bottom the Options Window where you likely could have discovered these answers directly.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 12:55:05 am »

Also in 26 I was adding 2 buttons for opening Options and DSP Studio, can't seem to find how to add them in 28.
Right mouse click on the top menu bar (near "Help") > Customize Toolbar...

Sanxel

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 01:39:41 pm »

Solved! Much appreciate it, disabling OSD fixed it. I will now use Display View always.
I actually recalled that in some older version I had this option disabled, but still had those on screen popups. But now they are gone for sure.

I kinda liked the Cover View with those black bars on the left and right(for videos where the video not that important, it makes me less distracted by the video). I also sometimes watch videos in Standard View, just so I focus more on what is being said, and not the video.
But that bar with numbers annoys me for some reason lol. So, would be nice to have an option to disable it.
Thanks.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 03:04:00 pm »

Glad it worked... I think.  Your reply confuses me.  You said "Solved" but ended your post with "So, would be nice to have an option to disable it."  But there is an option to disable... and you disabled it.  Or are you referring to some other issue?

Sanxel

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2021, 04:15:25 pm »

No no, it's really solved ;) At the end it's just a suggestion, which not really an issue anymore for me. Just considering how many settings JRiver already has, would be nice to add that setting as well(for disabling 'Get something you like playing' bar).
But again, not very important for me, after the fix for disabling OSD.
Can be closed.
Thanks.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 04:53:04 pm »

Ok Great.  But I guess that means disabling the "Show On Screen Instructions" (from my first pic in my initial post) did NOT stop the display of "Get something you like playing"?  Is that right?  I have never seen this in the 15 years I have been using MC... you call it a "bar". Is that what it is?  or is it a pop-up box?  The fact that I have never seen this bar/popup ever makes me think there already is a setting to turn it off.

Even if you have moved on with the partial solution being satisfactory, others may appreciate solving this.  What action are you doing that causes this "bar" to display?  Can you upload a screenshot of it?

Sanxel

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2021, 05:30:51 pm »

So, disabling both "Show On Screen Instructions" and disabling 'Enable OSD' didn't affect that bar(probably not the best word for it), check out the screenshot. I've also attached how my JRiver 26 version looks(without this bar).
But disabling those 2 settings made 'Display View' more usable for me(no on-screen popups like video paused, rewinding etc). One little thing I still 'don't like' in 'Display View' is that mouse cursor disappearing automatically, it's not major thing though. In 'Cover View' I like that the mouse cursor is always on(less annoying when I'm switching back and forth from video to code editor for example).
Concerning the bar, here's the screenshots:

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2021, 05:43:26 pm »

oh... you just need to deactivate the car radio option under General/Features.  What confused me about your issue was your description of "Get something you like playing".  Where do you see that?

Car Radio tabs are shown by default. You said in your OP that when you upgraded to MC28 it did not import your settings, which means you had car radio disabled previously in MC26, but when you upgraded it reverted it back to enabled.
As for the cursor auto-hiding - you're out of luck on that.  You would need to put in a feature request and hope it is acted upon.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2021, 06:02:57 pm »

ok... NOW I see it.  When you hover over an empty Car Radio Tab, the full pop-up says "Get something you like playing.  Then hold down this button to save the playlist as a preset".  That would have been useful info the first go-around.

FYI... In the Modern Cards skin, these tabs were intentionally made to be as visually unobtrusive as possible, which is why you only see numbers with nothing around them (in your screenshots).  For other skins, the visual appearance is that of a tab or button. But as noted in my previous post, you can disable Car Radio Tabs completely for all skins.

You might want to re-think disabling them though.  You can use them to launch static playlists, smartlists, JR Radio Cloudplay, Image playlists, etc... I personally find them to be very useful.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2021, 06:19:03 pm »

And finally, what you are calling "notifications" are actually "pop-ups" and/or "tooltips".  Those can be controlled as well. Popups/Tooltips used to be simply on or off, but very recently Matt added a bit more granular control as shown in the pic below.  For more discussion on the tooltips see this thread: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130987.msg908431.html#msg908431

Sanxel

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2021, 02:25:54 am »

Many Thanks. Disabling Car Radio deactivated that 'bar'. I know it's actually useful, I just prioritize the features for me, because without that Car Radio bar, the Cover View looks better for me. In 26 version I had almost all features disabled, I've had a very minimalistic usage of JRiver. In 26 I decided to leave most everything at default.

So now the only reason I will use Cover View is the cursor not disappearing. But for the cursor in Display view, okay, I will put in a feature request for it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up