INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MediaCenter Tag Database Anomalies  (Read 783 times)

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
MediaCenter Tag Database Anomalies
« on: December 17, 2021, 02:17:43 pm »

I am seeing strange instances of goofy data that I am not understanding how or why suddenly happened.  I have seen this same scenario before for other music from my collection.  Take a look:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yfl2tpiix5u0srg/mc28_screwy_database.png

The last tune from Dark Souls (DATAK01) album is duplicated on all tunes of the Relay_Sat_01 (DATA065) album.  I am very good at maintaining all tags for all my audio files.  The tags in these files are all correct.  However, MC somehow did this on its own.  This is the second time seeing this, but it is happening on even more selections.

This is version 28.0.94.  Any idea what is causing this and how it happened?  It seems that the database that contains this data is corrupt, or something else is awry.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
Re: MediaCenter Tag Database Anomalies
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2021, 02:34:07 pm »

I simply did a Library->Update library from tags and this was fixed:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2vkv9d0i14hcs61/mc28_database_fixed.png

Check your own library via inspecting Audio -- Task -- Possible duplicates.  This is where I found this issue.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2021, 02:44:42 pm »

Here's another example.  This one has the issue in spots that are more unusual:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/x3ekjce1fjm6fyg/mc28_another_example.png

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2021, 02:55:31 pm »

This is happening all throughout my music library with no rhyme or reason:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/7czid1cr3n80u9c/mc28_yet_another_example.png

This is the top of possible duplicates.  There are some true duplicates, but if you look at the file names to the far right, they are completely different files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 02:57:10 pm »

MC doesn't do things unless it's told to do them.  Bad data?  Bad disk?

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 03:11:55 pm »

I will keep an eye on it.  Something is causing it.

This is redundant RAID for both my computer data and my NAS so a bad disk is not likely the cause.  Also, once I fix it via MC28, it stays fixed.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 05:04:07 am »

My tag data in all files is 100% correct, so all I have to do is Update library (from tags) to have the database corrected.  Something in my workflow reintroduces this issue though.

Is there a way that I can create a script that shows all audio files having a tag name that is not even close to the file name?  I can simply run this script then Update library (from tags).  Also no other software is facing issues such as this on my hardware.  It's just MediaCenter after I started importing m3u8 playlist files.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 05:20:05 am »

Here is a single example of the issue.  This is another instance of these tracks existing in an .m3u8 playlist that I imported:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/xyhmlcxexxufvnt/mc28_single_example.png

All three of these files have a name of "58 Blues".  This name is correct for only one.  The other two somehow had their names set incorrectly only in the MediaCenter database.

These are the three files:

\\qnapnas\media\Digital Audio\War\1972, The World Is A Ghetto, 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition\08-58 Blues.flac
\\qnapnas\media\Digital Audio\War\1972, The World Is A Ghetto, 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition\09-War Is Coming - Blues Version.flac
\\qnapnas\media\Digital Audio\War\1972, The World Is A Ghetto, 40th Anniversary Expanded Edition\10-The World Is A Ghetto - Rehearsal Take.flac

The issue started at track #8 continuing to the last track of this album.

My query question is a script that will show all content where:

###-file_name.EXT

file_name is not equal to track tag name.

Note that I always have track number with leading zeros before the file name with a dash.  The leading zeros are usually two but may be three on rare occasions.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 05:32:03 am »

I have a better idea and will not need a script to fix this.  I can simply view the Audio -- Task -- Possible duplicates smartlist, select all files, then Update library (from tags) to get this fixed.  Next time the issue happens again after playlist import, I will simply perform this work-around for correction again.  I will add this work-around to my playlist import step.

Jamil

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 05:40:18 am »

I started with 2846 tracks in the possible duplicates smartlist.  I performed exactly what I stated above and let it finish.  It showed 7 failures for reasons unknown.  After it was done, the possible duplicates smartlist now has 2068 showing true duplicates.  This issue impacts a huge number of files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2021, 06:53:38 am »

Please work on this problem on your own.  If you can identify an MC error and document how to produce it, please post details.  At this point, I don't think there is one.

Update the QNAP firmware. 

Your screenshot shows \\QNAPNAS\Media and \\qnapnas\media.  Linux is different from Windows in that it is case sensitive, so those are two different locations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up