INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: INTERACT Bug  (Read 937 times)

NoCodeUK

• Citizen of the Universe
INTERACT Bug
« on: March 23, 2003, 01:52:01 am »

Is anyone else getting this bug with INTERACT?  When I post a message the bar with the smileys/icons to insert tags is no longer appearing...  I just have a box to change the color of the text... Has something been changed in the forum??

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

Re: INTERACT Bug
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 03:29:56 am »

I sorted out what this was and I give this as a warning to all users of Win XP.  If you are reccomened by the auto updater to download a new patch for IE do NOT download it.  It completely messes up IEs rendering engine and a reinstall of IE does not fix the problem.  The only solution is to reinstall Win XP on top of itself which is what I had to do yesterday... NOT FUN!!  Apologies for thinking it may have been a bug with INTERACT.  I guess I should always blame M$ First!!

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 04:15:32 am »

I guess I should always blame M$ First!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

matshif

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 10:20:39 am »

Hi
I saw this:
"If you are reccomened by the auto updater to download a new patch for IE do NOT download it".
Can anyone inform about the number or other identification of this patch?

Mats

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 01:04:35 pm »

I have just reinstalled and auto update came up with some rubbish...I am guessing the fact that it could no longer render pages properly it was the M$ JScript update.  Updates JScript to 5.6.  I am not going to install again to test as it does not have an uninstall option but the only two recent patches relating to IE were this one and one referring to using other browsers as well as IE.  I have a strong feeling that they may have carked J Script support in IE without realising.  Nice One Microsoft...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2003, 01:06:24 pm »

Apologies Jim.  How I eer could have thought this was an Interact bug!!  I only realised when I tried to launch eh launch and the menu was not appearing.  I booted up Mozilla and the menu was there fine.  I checked the code and it was a java script menu...  So it would appear Jscript version 5.6 is very bad :)

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up