INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library / server issue  (Read 607 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
Library / server issue
« on: December 19, 2021, 03:02:34 pm »

Main server has 99% of my files on various HDD. For movies I use an HTPC, which loads the main library from that server. All well. But I just added a SDD to the HTPC and have put some huge 4K video files on it, which I’ve loaded into the library *from the HTPC*. Problem is: when I close out MC on the HTPC these files disappear and I have to add them again. How can I make sure they stay saved to the main library? Do I need to add them to the server library over the network? I’m worried they’ll be sent over the network from HTPC to server and back again. Sorry, but I find this confusing. Help would be great!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Library / server issue
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2021, 05:37:21 pm »

Import the files on the server, with the SSD on the server.  Restart MC on the server.

Connect from the client and try playing them.

Denti

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2021, 08:04:58 pm »

Import the files on the server, with the SSD on the server.  Restart MC on the server.

Connect from the client and try playing them.
The SSD is internally mounted in the HTPC. I can’t put it on the server. Indeed, I want it on the HTPC. Any way to do this?

Denti

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 11:01:23 am »

I take it this is not possible: having files stored in different locations but part of the same library?
Pages: [1]   Go Up