INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Add "Customize Tooltip" to the taskbar icon's context menu  (Read 692 times)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Feature Request:  Add "Customize Tooltip" to the MC Taskbar Icon's header context menu.  This item would open a window to specify a custom expression for the tooltip text.

Discussion:
The MC Taskbar Icon's tooltip text shows [Artist] - [Title] for the currently playing track, a very nice feature introduced in MC version 25.0.79 for windows
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=121465.0.
I would like to add [Album] and [Year (release)] in my own format.

This request is for adding a context popup similar to that for the Display Window header: Customize Display... > Play Mode (Main) > Title.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team

Alternative:  Use the Title line of the Display Window (Customize Display... > Play Mode (Main) > Title) as the taskbar icon's tooltip text.

This adds some logical flexibility without introducing a new menu item and popup.

The whole idea is to quickly access basic info for current playing track without opening the full MC GUI.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!

I agree with the idea.  I'll see what I can do.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

markf2748

• MC Beta Team

28.0.98 (1/6/2022) https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131660.0.html:
2. NEW: Added Options > General > Advanced > Taskbar Tooltip (leave blank for the default, use an expression like [Artist] - [Name] to customize).
Nice!  Thanks Matt.

Here are two of my favorite expressions.  Each creates a mind-ear memory game, played while I work on other things at the desktop:
Code: [Select]
[Artist]: [Name] ([Album] 'right([date (year)],2)) [Track #]//[Total Tracks]
Code: [Select]
[Artist] | [Name] | [Album] 'right([date (year)],2)  ([Track #]//[Total Tracks])
Additional Requests for icing on the cake:
- Activate HTML tags < > for the tooltip text, such as italics, bold, font color, etc.
- Auto-expand the tooltip width to accommodate the entire line of text.
- Provide two independent lines, or standard HTML tag < br > to break line.
(Not to be greedy, but I think these would add significant delight.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up