INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can't sync - what am i missing  (Read 761 times)

jjjasper

• Recent member
can't sync - what am i missing
« on: January 06, 2022, 08:48:02 pm »

My music library is approx 200 gb. I have synced successfully in the past to AKSR25 but now the sync is failing. It either crashes Media center or finishes as complete after syncing maybe a third of the files. The problem is that if I try to do incremental syncs it takes 10 hours plus. Every file tries to upload to the device and quits with an error. So in order to save time I've been reformatting the sd card each time before syncing. Is there a better tool for syncing large .flac libraries?  If I just have to sideload the files? Abandon the idea of syncing?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: can't sync - what am i missing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 12:28:32 pm »

Have you made sure that your USB ports/USB cable are in working condition? Have you "tamed" Windows Defender? Have you tried syncing to the device's internal memory to rule out a bad SD card?

jjjasper

• Recent member
Sync still failing
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 10:46:01 pm »

Thanks for the response and suggestions. Yes, my cable and sd card are fine. I took your advice and temporarily disabled Windows Security (not sure what taming Windows Defender means or how to do that)  before syncing and that did help with one of the issues. I was able to sync my entire library in one attempt. BUT since then I acquired some new flacs, imported them to the library, and I'm having the same issue I originally reported, which is that MC28 tries to re-upload files that are already on the device when I sync. Each of these files says Uploading... and then Error. This results in unmanageable sync times of 10-12 hours (if I were to let it play out). Instead I've been reformatting the SD Card each time I get something new in my music library and starting over with a fresh sync of the entire library. But that means sync times of 2-3 hours to add one or two albums. This can't be right. Shouldn't MC keep track of what's on the sd card and only try to upload new or changed files? How can I make that happen?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team

dembow

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 03:41:58 pm »

I remember having this issue with both Note 20 Ultra and S21 Ultra. I had issues syncing my ~180GB library to begin with. After multiple tries, I gave up and synced just a few playlists, hoping to add music gradually by letting JRiver detect changes since last sync. It never worked for me and I ended up with duplicates and files copied all over the place without making any sync changes.

I really wish it worked or at least understood what was it that I was doing wrong. Similarly, suggested troubleshooting steps were to try a different USB port and check the USB cable. Since all of my music is organized in JRiver, it would be really beneficial to be able to take that library with you. Perhaps there's a good JRiver app with cloud sync and digital locker secretly in development  ;)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 05:23:15 pm »

I remember having this issue with both Note 20 Ultra and S21 Ultra. I had issues syncing my ~180GB library to begin with. After multiple tries, I gave up and synced just a few playlists, hoping to add music gradually by letting JRiver detect changes since last sync. It never worked for me and I ended up with duplicates and files copied all over the place without making any sync changes.

I really wish it worked or at least understood what was it that I was doing wrong. Similarly, suggested troubleshooting steps were to try a different USB port and check the USB cable. Since all of my music is organized in JRiver, it would be really beneficial to be able to take that library with you. Perhaps there's a good JRiver app with cloud sync and digital locker secretly in development  ;)

If you can't figure out why syncing is not working on your device, syncthing works well for this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up