INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ripping/copying from MP3 cd's  (Read 977 times)

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
Ripping/copying from MP3 cd's
« on: March 23, 2003, 08:46:37 am »

I have quite a few cdr's on which I've got mp3 files, usually organized in folders. What would be the easiest way to get these to my HD by using MC? I thought the Import media function would be a good idea, but when I choose the 'Rename files from properties' after half an hour of tagging, I get the msg 'Not all the files could be renamed'. Or something similar. They do appear in the viewscheme(s), but when I click one of the songs, I get another msg: 'The volume labeled 'Unnamed Disc (1) was not found. Would you like to try again?' Which I won't. But what should I do, and what happened to the files I thought I had imported?

dobon

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Ripping/copying from MP3 cd's
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 09:38:13 am »

Why would you want to do the 'rename files from properties' routine? This is to name the files, not to tag them.

If I understand your problem correctly, you should transfer the files or folders from the cdr's to a folder on your HD. Then 'import media files'  from folder, look for them in your library or 'locate files inside MC' and then tag them if they are not. In that case you could also try 'update from YADB'.

okvaal

• Galactic Citizen
  • Appreciate your life
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 09:41:34 am »

Why would you want to do the 'rename files from properties' routine? This is to name the files, not to tag them.

Well, I rename them because I want to give the files another name (or rather, name structure). And yes, I do normally import the files from the cd to a folder and then rename them from there. I was just hoping to do this a bit easier . .

dobon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 10:04:51 am »

Sorry if I misunderstood. Renaming files shouldn't take much time.

Maybe more than one file is assigned the same filename? Any corrupt files?

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 12:16:05 pm »

Not sure if your problem,but sometimes some songs get 'read only' when i copy them from a cd with mp3 on it
Pages: [1]   Go Up