INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Method for finding files with broken paths?  (Read 503 times)

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Method for finding files with broken paths?
« on: January 08, 2022, 12:02:36 am »

Hi, I had a crash in the midst of moving several files from one directory to another and now I have a hundred or so files out of tens of thousands that aren't where MC thinks they are. When browsing through the files, they have a little red "do not enter" style circle icon where the thumbnail usually is.

Is there a query that can show me these files rather than me combing through the entire library to find them?

I tried a smart list of files missing cover art, and that found some of them, but apparently not all of them as I'm still seeing that red circle here and there. What's the quickest way to locate all of them, so I can fix them?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Method for finding files with broken paths?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 12:36:19 am »

get to a list of all of your files, then, in the search field in the top right of the program, paste the following:
Code: [Select]
[=IsMissing()]=1
Give it some time to work as MC will need to go through every file to check. The resulting list will be all of those problem files.

dasfoo

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Method for finding files with broken paths?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 02:32:37 am »

get to a list of all of your files, then, in the search field in the top right of the program, paste the following:
Code: [Select]
[=IsMissing()]=1
Give it some time to work as MC will need to go through every file to check. The resulting list will be all of those problem files.

Brilliant. Worked perfectly. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up