INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Coming Soon - Even More ET TrackInfo Plugin Variants  (Read 717 times)

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Coming Soon - Even More ET TrackInfo Plugin Variants
« on: January 08, 2022, 02:07:48 am »

Over the Xmas Holidays I got bored and decided to create some more TrackInfo Plugin Variants.

MC comes with 15 Skins: - Aruba, Black on Black, Blue Steel, Green Eyes, Modern Cards: Dark Edition, Modern Cards: Grey Edition, Modern Cards: White Edition, Noire, Noire Glass, Pearl Bailey, PixOS, Purity, ThunderStorm, Twilight & Z
Since I'd already created TrackInfo Plugins for 4 of them: - Modern Cards: Dark Edition, Modern Cards: Grey Edition, Modern Cards: White Edition and Twilight.
I decided to create TrackInfo Plugins for the other 11.
This is a Pixo1 Gallery showing where I've got to so far: - https://pix01.jriver.com/IL1%40adaA

And Yes - That is a New Dropdown Menu you can see that allows the user to "Search for...” -
Info about Artist on AMG,
Info about Artist on Wiki,
Info about Album on Wiki,
Album Art on Google,
Artist Images on Google,
Lyrics on Google,

In a New Web-Browser Window.
At present it is only available in the Lyrics Only Variants

But I also decided to create a Brand-New Skin - ET Dark Day; which just like the Twilight Skin is Darker during the period between Sunset and Sunrise than between Sunrise and Sunset.
Of course, being ET I had to be innovative so the Main.xml has been rewritten/revamped to give it a more Logical, hopefully Efficient, Layout; plus, it's a lot smaller/lighter than just about every existing skin

Plus 2 TrackInfo Plugins sets to go with it, 1 for when it's in Day Mode and 1 for when it's in Night Mode.

This is a Pixo1 Gallery showing where I've got so far: - https://pix01.jriver.com/ML1%40vmFm

I've still got a fair bit of work to do, I just wish I didn't have to fight the MC Skinning Engine and some of its Cranky/Nonsensical Habits most of the time.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Coming Soon - Even More ET TrackInfo Plugin Variants
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 07:54:34 am »

Thank you!

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 04:01:20 am »

Update:-

So far I've been concentrating on the new "ET Dark Day" skin as some of the changes I've made there will get reflected in the New TrackInfo Plugins for the Other Skins

I've made a few "visual changes" including making the Splitter Bars more Obvious/Visible

The new "Search For..." Dropdown Menu has been added to the Ultimate I & II Variants.

Since this now means the Menu/Navbar has expanded into a second row I had to get a bit Innovative with the "Basic TrackInfo" that appears under the cover art on Lyrics and Tags Pages.

When the TrackInfo Plugin + the Detail List are both visible in Playing Now then if the "Basic Track Info" uses more than 6 lines a Scrollbar will appear.
But this is where I got innovative because the Scrollbar is on the LEFT, beside the Vertical Splitter, and not the RIGHT, where it would be beside the Lyrics/Tags.

There are a couple of changes I may make:-

1 - Move "Lyrics on Google" from the bottom of the "Search for..." Dropdown to the bottom of "Lyrics" Dropdown.
2 - Switch the positions of "Refresh" and "Search For..." Options on the Menu/NavBar.

ET Dark Day now has a Companion ET Grey Day

This is a Pixo1 Gallery showing where I've now got to: - https://pix01.jriver.com/OL1%40G4zT

The 1st 2 pics are for ET Dark Day and the 3rd & 4th are for ET Grey Day

Oh and if the Colour Scheme for ET Grey Day looks a bit familiar it's becasue it's the one for the Modern Cards: Grey Edition and Twilight skins
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 08:24:04 am »

Oh dear - somebody at W3 didn't spot a weirdo/error/mistake in the routine used to move the Scrollbar to the Right Hand Side of a division before they released it.

The bit that switches the scrollbar from the right side to the left side works ok but if there is anything in the division it gets applied to ends with a non-alphanumeric character that character gets moved to the font of the line. I.E a Song Title of Why? ends up as ?Why.

So the Scrollbar is now on the right hand side of the "Basic TrackInfo"

But I've made a couple of changes to the "Search for..." Dropdown:-
I've added "Info about Composer on Wiki" and "Composer Images on Google" but those 2 are only available/displayed if the Composer field/tag contains data.

Lyrics on Google is now at the bottom if the Lyrics Dropdown as "Lookup Lyrics on Google"

Pages: [1]   Go Up