INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unraid problem  (Read 813 times)

sbdallas

• Junior Woodchuck
  • My only friend is a goat.
Unraid problem
« on: January 08, 2022, 07:45:44 am »

First let me say that I do not think my problem is with MC28, but rather with Unraid, so I will not be surprised if I cannot find the answer here.

I recently moved my media library to an Unraid server.  I am experiencing two issues using MC28 since the move.
      1. When watching TV episodes (saved videos) everything seems to work fine for the duration of the episode, but when MC28 tries to move to the next episode, the application locks up and I have to kill the process from the task manager.  This behavior is very consistent.
      2. When viewing high bitrate videos, I get a lot of pausing and stuttering in the playback.

Does anyone have any experience with these issues?  I plan to post a similar help request on the Unraid forums, but since the only problems I am experiencing exist in the interactions between Unraid and MC28, I don't know if they will be able to help either.

Thanks.
Scott

I finally stopped drinking for good.
Now I drink for Evil.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Unraid problem
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 08:33:17 am »

I use unraid with MC and have no such issues so I would think it is something to do with the configuration of your shares and/or the hardware, probably need some more detail on that to have a clue. To rule out MC, have you tried playing the same files with some other software?

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 09:08:01 am »

i also use unraid and do not have these issues.  I suspect it's either how your shares are setup on unraid, or how you're connecting to the shares, whether they are mapped in windows or some other method.

i have a windows VM running on unraid which I use to run MC directly on the server, using a dedicated nvidia video card wired to the living room TV, and i also have MC installed on my laptop, playing music and videos from my unraid shares on the unraid server.  both work (mostly) as expected.

Wish I could help guide you further.
pretend this is something funny

corbendallas

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 04:18:36 am »

I recently moved my media library to an Unraid server.  I am experiencing two issues using MC28 since the move.
      1. When watching TV episodes (saved videos) everything seems to work fine for the duration of the episode, but when MC28 tries to move to the next episode, the application locks up and I have to kill the process from the task manager.  This behavior is very consistent.

Does anyone have any experience with these issues? 

Sorry for late reply, I'm not here a lot, but I have had similar experiences when watching TV-series. I am not using unraid, just a regular computer with quite a few disks and a laptop also with MC28 running the library that's on the server. When an episode is finished, often MC28 hangs and you have to kill it. I have not seen this with earlier versions, but I haven't run this setup with the laptop for very long. Can't say for sure if I have run it with MC27 but I think so and I think it worked.

A lot of ifs and buts, but I wouldn't blame Unraid without more info :)

macdonjh

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 08:21:45 pm »

I had a similar problem, which started suddenly after several months of performance which was just fine, so I was confused.  I didn't expect to acquire a gremlin randomly.  Several posts here resulted in the recommendation to change the Video Mode settings; specifically, try Red October JRVR first.  I did and my video problems went away.  Go figure.

Tools -> Options -> Video -> General Video Settings/ Video Mode
Pages: [1]   Go Up