INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lyrics - Question, Request  (Read 930 times)

nila

Lyrics - Question, Request
« on: March 23, 2003, 02:19:11 am »

Mornin All :)
I left chart finder running all night and I now have a LOT of my songs with lyrics in them - THANKS KING!!!

Anyway, I was thinking I could submit them to YADB so that it would have all the lyrics for the songs so that people can instantly get all the lyrics info for their songs without it having to trawl the net which can be a long process.

I was just wondering if YADB actually stores the lyrics or if this would be a waste of time?

Also, I'd love to be able in future to right click and choose 'Get Lyrics from YADB' so that it'll check YADB to see if it has the song lyrics without replacing any of my other tag info.

• does it store them?
  • and would it be possible to have a function to just get lyrics without changing any other tag info?

again Thanks KING!!.

I love having all my mp3's with lyrics and being perfect rips, with covers, and lyrics! :)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Lyrics - Question, Request
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 04:47:50 am »

I was just wondering if YADB actually stores the lyrics or if this would be a waste of time?

Also, I'd love to be able in future to right click and choose 'Get Lyrics from YADB' so that it'll check YADB to see if it has the song lyrics without replacing any of my other tag info.

• does it store them?
  • and would it be possible to have a function to just get lyrics without changing any other tag info?

again Thanks KING!!.

I love having all my mp3's with lyrics and being perfect rips, with covers, and lyrics! :)

1. No YADB Does Not Store Lyrics
2. No

It seems JimH Wants to stay clear of Lyrics due to copy wright issues.

I think it maybe a waist of time asking for YADB to store this info.

As for the "Thanks King" Part

I agree I think it works well, there is no other Jukebox program with a plug-In that ll allow you to get Lyrics from Lyrics Sites (Note: Winamp Has one but it only gets Lyrics From One Lyrics Site) but This Free Plug-In "Chart And Lyrics Finder" gets Lyrics from 10 Lyrics Sites And A Database, And it also tells you Where the Music Charted.

Blaaa Blaaa Blaaa

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio, Music
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

nila

Re: Lyrics - Question, Request
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 09:40:43 am »

It works like a Gem.
I've gotten almost 1000 songs lyrics with it so far.
I've noticed a few bugs which I was going to post but you opened the thread announcing it then locked it so it was impossible to post bug reports.
Basically it's not finding some lyrics that are on the site (checked manually as I was trying to find which site was opening a certain pop-up that was getting through both popupcop and AdsGone both running at the same time).

I'll post more on this later - I have a 3 hour drive now to go do a job up north.

Really do love it, at this rate I might be able to get lyrics for like half my songs which would be truely amazing.

As for the legal part with the lyrics and YADB - I just figured that as there are so many big sites containing lyrics it must be legal.
Anyway, if it's questionable then fair enough.

If you wanted to add a feature so that all our downloaded lyrics could be stored in a db that we could submit to you to make the db you distribute with it bigger I'd gladly do that.
It'd hugely speed it up for everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up