INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC25/MC28 issues  (Read 458 times)

SteveMA

• Recent member
MC25/MC28 issues
« on: January 10, 2022, 02:21:37 pm »

I recently upgraded to MC28. The last version I was running was MC25.  I had MC25 on a pc I built (still have MC 18 on an older build). 

My problem is that I can't get MC 28 to see my music folder.  Before I go further I should mention that I had a Windows 10 crash on this PC (with MC 25).  During the Windows 10 reinstall MC 25 (and other apps) were removed.  I clicked on the Removed Apps and reinstalled MC 25. 

I should note that my PC has the operating system on a small (100GB, iirc) solid state drivem(the C drive).  The D drive is where all my "stuff" resides, including my music folder (MyMusic), the same folder from which previous versions of MC had loaded to my library.  Since then I cannot get MC 25 or MC 28 to load from this location. 

I have a backup of MyMusic on a Netgear RN102 server.  Oddly enough I can configure MC 25 to DLNA the music from my Netgear RN102.  This is a pain, the library has to be reloaded each time I open MC.  I can put album art in but that too disappears on closing and reopening MC. 

This is well above my pay grade as the saying goes.  I would be most grateful if I can be put in the right direction!!!

Thanks,
Steve

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: MC25/MC28 issues
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:09:31 pm »

Try right clicking 'My Music' in Windows Explorer, Select 'Properties' and then check the path showing in the 'Location' tab, I'm guessing that has been set to the C: drive.
Edit the 'Location' to point to your Music folder on the D: drive.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome
Pages: [1]   Go Up