INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tried WDM - now no sound  (Read 1005 times)

Fred H

• Recent member
Tried WDM - now no sound
« on: January 11, 2022, 02:31:04 pm »

New user, Win 10 up to date. Everything working right after installation; it sounds good. Tried WDM, followed instructions (Set WDM in General, set JRiver MC in Sound|Playback as default, set Realtek Digital Output (WASAPI) as Audio Device). Now no sound whether WDM is on or off (on and off several times w/appropriate setup changes).

Sound output is from USB to DAC/amp/speakers on desktop.

Available audio devices in MC are: Default (Direct Sound), my Dell monitor, Default Audio Device (WASAPI), Headphones (not using), JRiver Media Center (WASAPI), Realtek Digital Output(WASAPI), More (Direct Sound to above, disk writer, and Null). I think I've tried all but those under the "More" with no sound from any of them.

Also ran any Win troubleshooters I could find, and multiple reboots just to be sure. Even uninstalled and reinstalled MC to see if that would help. It didn't, I'm stuck.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Tried WDM - now no sound
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2022, 05:34:11 pm »

When sound was working, what audio device was MC set to?   Try it again and see if MC sound is back.  If not, try other devices.

How are you testing?  Try a web page that has audio.

More about WDM:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

Fred H

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 06:21:35 pm »

I didn't note which device it was set to. When I tried it again it still wasn't working. I tried all of the alternative play devices, but no luck.

Testing with MC, Plex, and a YouTube video.

I'll read the link tomorrow. Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 06:47:58 pm »

I didn't note which device it was set to. When I tried it again it still wasn't working. I tried all of the alternative play devices, but no luck.
You need that to work before WDM will work.

Fred H

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 07:53:09 am »

Unplugged the USB connection to the DAC/amp/speakers before starting the computer this am; plugged the USB back in after all the startup stuff finished -- nothing from the computer when I did so. YouTube & Plex had sound, MC didn't.

WDM was already checked. Tried all audio devices, none worked. Unchecked WDM, restarted MC, and again tried all audio devices with the same result.

Completely removed MC and reinstalled it. YouTube & Plex still worked. MC now worked with default Default Audio Device. For me, trying WDM was just part of exploring a new program so I'm going to leave it unchecked and just enjoy MC. Thank you for the help.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 08:57:31 am »

Completely removed MC and reinstalled it. YouTube & Plex still worked. MC now worked with default Default Audio Device. For me, trying WDM was just part of exploring a new program so I'm going to leave it unchecked and just enjoy MC. Thank you for the help.
Uninstalling isn't necessary.  Select a device in audio settings, not the default device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up