INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing now works differently  (Read 1222 times)

Sgucci99

• Junior Woodchuck
Playing now works differently
« on: January 16, 2022, 03:13:25 am »

In MC 28, the playing now screen works differently from all the previous versions.
I'm using the 28.0.98 release,but  it is the same on the other releases of MC28.
In MC 27, by clicking on "playing now" the screen is as per attachment (MC27_1).
By double clicking on the upper part of the picture, the result is as per attachment (MC27_2).
On MC 28 instead, by double clicling on the upper picture, nothing happens.   

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Playing now works differently
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 01:09:21 pm »

I can explain why things have changed.  But I have a small suggestion that might be useful.

Look at your first screen shot.  See the arrows under the divider buttons "6" and "7" ?  Down arrow under 7 and up arrow under 6.  If you press either of these arrows they will move the play list all the way up or all the way down.  Press the down arrow under the 7 and the playlist will be almost completely hidden.  You'll just see the little arrows left over.  That might be a decent workaround for you.

Brian.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 01:46:10 pm »

I had the same problem. 

Double-clicking the main display area is supposed to immediately launch "Display View", aka full screen mode, but in MC28, it no longer worked for any 3rd party plug-ins.  If you switch to the Cover Art display option, double clicking that will still launch full screen mode.  It is just 3rd party stuff that did not work.  FYI... you can right-click and select "Display View" from the context menu to still launch it... it is just the double-click that is ignored.

That said, it suddenly started working again (for me) on 3rd party app's. Not sure which version it came back on... I thought it was v98, but I could be wrong (since that is what you are on and it is not working for you).  It's definitely working right now for me on v100.  Not sure why it stopped/started working to begin with, but I too, was none to happy when it stopped working.

Hopefully updating to v100 will fix it for you.  If it does not, then maybe there is setting difference between our set-ups that is causing the issue? though I have no idea what it would be... and I pretty familiar with the settings. 

Sgucci99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 09:31:53 am »

Unfortunately on v100 the problem is still there.
No matter of settings, as I do exactly as the MC 27, where it works as usual.   

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2022, 12:50:00 pm »

Unfortunately on v100 the problem is still there.
No matter of settings, as I do exactly as the MC 27, where it works as usual.

I can't reproduce this.

If you right-click and pick "Display View" does that work?

Or how about Ctrl+3 repeatedly?

And if they work and double-click doesn't, does changing the rate you double-click matter?  Try a fast and a slow one.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2022, 01:27:19 pm »

To be sure that it isn't a setting difference between MC27/MC28, you could do a library restore on MC28 from the MC27 backup folder - just check the "Restore settings" box in the dialog. 

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2022, 06:37:39 pm »

I can reproduce this problem if I select the Edge browser in the Web browser engine setting, double click does not work but ctrl+3 does.

If either Internet Explorer or Chromium are selected in Tools>Options>Tree & View>Web Browser then double clicking works normally.

" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2022, 06:56:45 pm »

Wow... nice find terry! 

I tried messing with a dozen or so settings trying to reproduce it myself, but I did not try switching browser engines.  Hopefully the OP tries that and it solves the problem. 

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2022, 07:01:01 pm »

I should have mentioned that I also reproduced the error when I switched away from the chromium engine.  FYI... you do have to close and restart MC for the change to take effect.

Sgucci99

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2022, 02:40:09 am »

Many thanks, with this setting, now it works as usually. ;)

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2022, 11:49:38 am »

Another piece of the puzzle:
Double-click (fast or slow) in the Display View works fine for me with the Edge Browser as long as I display only Cover Art (RMB in the image).
However, choosing any of the Track Info menu items raises the OP's double-click issue with Edge Browser.
(confirmed that Ctrl+3 always works)

MC 28.0.100

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2022, 01:23:27 pm »

That is what I indicated in my initial post... double-click works fine with MC's built-in cover art display, but not 3rd party plug-ins
Double-clicking the main display area is supposed to immediately launch "Display View", aka full screen mode, but in MC28, it no longer worked for any 3rd party plug-ins.  If you switch to the Cover Art display option, double clicking that will still launch full screen mode.  It is just 3rd party stuff that did not work.  FYI... you can right-click and select "Display View" from the context menu to still launch it... it is just the double-click that is ignored.

Thanks for confirming.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2022, 08:03:06 pm »

That is what I indicated in my initial post... double-click works fine with MC's built-in cover art display, but not 3rd party plug-ins
Aha!... but you referred to "3rd party plug-ins".  I am only using/testing MC's built-in Track Info menu choices (Dreamstate, Noire, Noire Viz, Ocean, Simple), not any additional "3rd party plug-ins".  Apparently the OP selected Ocean.

(I do see there is a whole category of 3rd party plug-ins for Track Info, https://yabb.jriver.com/mediacenter/accessories.php)

Also confirmed that double-click works, as described above, for Options > Tree & View > Web Browser > Engine: Chromium, while it does not work for Engine: Microsoft Edge (recommended).  Best to double-click in lower right corner of Ocean to avoid selecting display elements.

MC 28.0.103 (64-bit)  |  server: Win11 Pro 21H2 64-bit  |  clients: Win10 Pro & Home 21H2 64-bit  |  Android: JRemote2, MC Panel, MO 4Media, BubbleUPnP  |  CCA support: BubbleUPnPServer 0.9-update42

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2022, 09:33:55 pm »

When using a TrackInfo Plugin it is it That Plugin and not MC that has control over the display window and since they are not Scripted/Programmed to handle the "double click" event it will always get ignored.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up