INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Use JRiver HTPC/Id (video playback) together with Radiance Pro (upscaling etc.)?  (Read 2260 times)

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen

I have in mind a restructuring of my "home theater" (others would call it living room :-D). In order to have all video sources treated by something like Red October HQ or JRVR, I was thinking about a Radiance Pro. So, no problem for all the usual suspects (in my case, regular TV, Fire TV). But what about the HTPC? I don't want to lose all the JRiver greatness, like TheaterView and library etc.

If I were to proceed with the Radiance Pro, I would of course want to downsize the HTPC again. Smaller footprint, especially on the power consumption side. Scaling etc. would/should be handled by the Radiance Pro. So, no need for a big GPU anymore, which is almost half the price of a Radiance Pro already nowadays...

But... How would/could that work? I haven't found an option in neither madVR nor JRVR to don't do upscaling. I can choose lesser quality algorithms, but I can't say "center the video in its original size and aspect ratio using the best fitting display mode, and then frame it with black bars on all sides" (so that the Radiance Pro can do its thing). Or maybe I'm just not able to identify it. Does an option like this exist or, if not, could it be implemented (or something else that would allow for utilizing an external videoprocessor, like JRiver Id + Radiance Pro)?

Note: I'm just talking hypothetically right now, I don't actually have a Radiance Pro or something like that yet. I'm just thinking about how it could be achieved.
END OF LINE.

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen

I have talked to the local Lumagen distributor about technical prerequisites and made a feature request out of this...

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131919.0.html
END OF LINE.
Pages: [1]   Go Up