INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I use MC 28 on a Logitech Squeezebox Touch as well as my CXN v2?  (Read 476 times)

Dr.Funk

• Junior Woodchuck

Hi Guys,

I am a novice when it comes to setting up streaming and I am reaching out for advice first, so I don't fall victim to my own stuff up.

I use MC 28 on my Desktop PC and stream my own music to my Cambridge Audio CXN v2, using a Samsung Tablet, with Cambridge's Stream Magic, as a remote; all works very well.

I want to have a secondary system in my workshop. I cannot afford to have another CXN up there; and despite searching second hand options, I cannot find a cheap streamer. Then I remembered that I still have my Logitech Squeezebox Touch, which the CXN replaced. I am experimenting with my TP-Link Mesh Wi-Fi system to see if I can get an internet signal into my tin shed, the mesh unit has a ethernet connection which I can plug into the S'Box.

Does JRiver work with the Logitech Media Server software?

Do I need a plug in, like Whitebear? (which does not seem to be supported?)

As the SB Touch will be on the same network as my main desktop, can it access the same MC 28 library? ; there will only be one system on at a time.

If all this is too hard I can always allocate an old Win 7 laptop and run a separate library on Logitech Media.

Look forward to reading your suggestions.
Cheers
Andy

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Can I use MC 28 on a Logitech Squeezebox Touch as well as my CXN v2?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 01:34:34 am »

If your Touch connects to LMS running on a Windows machine, then it’s possible that Whitebear Media Server might allow you to push music MC -> Whitebear -> LMS -> Touch. There is no guarantee though, since I sold all my Logitech gear ages ago, and stopped doing any development or support. But if you already have the hardware lying around, then it is a no cost option for you to give it a try. But I wouldn’t sweat it to hard, if you hit difficulties.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

Dr.Funk

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Can I use MC 28 on a Logitech Squeezebox Touch as well as my CXN v2?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 02:21:51 am »

Thank you for your reply.
I will try it, but if you are not sure it will work, and you were the developer of Whitebear. . . . .??
Is there anything else out there I can use?
Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up