INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC cannot find DLNA player after deep sleep; loses DLNA player periodically  (Read 2341 times)

FrankP1953

• Recent member

I'm using MC 28.0.103 on my laptop to play FLAC files from my NAS to my Denon DRA-800H (all wired, no wireless). When the laptop goes to sleep and reawakens, MC will often no longer be able to see the Denon player. Quitting MC and restarting it is the only means to get MC to find the Denon. Moreover, on occasion MC will stop seeing the Denon player in the middle of a track, and again the only dependable way to get MC to re-find the Denon is to quit and restart.

Any ideas?

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Are JRiver Media Center 28 Service and Process set to always be running?  See:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131631.0.html

Does the Denon show up reliably as a DLNA renderer?  Try detecting it with Whitebear DRMA before the laptop goes to sleep, after the laptop wakes up, before and after the Denon MC Zone drops out.  https://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Can you reliably find the Denon as a DLNA render with an Android app, such as BubbleUPnP (which offers detailed info on any renderer it connects to)?

MC 28.0.103 (64-bit)  |  server: Win11 Pro 21H2 64-bit  |  clients: Win10 Pro & Home 21H2 64-bit  |  Android: JRemote2, MC Panel, MO 4Media, BubbleUPnP  |  CCA support: BubbleUPnPServer 0.9-update42  |  network: Wi-Fi

FrankP1953

• Recent member

@markf2748 - was that the correct link to verify "Are JRiver Media Center 28 Service and Process set to always be running?" I don't see where I am able to set the Service and Process...

I'll try checking Whitebear at different junctures (especially post-sleep and when the Denon drops out), but don't have an Android app to check with.   

markf2748

• MC Beta Team

@markf2748 - was that the correct link to verify "Are JRiver Media Center 28 Service and Process set to always be running?" I don't see where I am able to set the Service and Process...
Link is correct - in its Reply #1:
Step 1) is done from the Microsoft Windows Settings menu.
Step 2) 1st part is done from within MC
Step 2) 2nd part is done from Windows Services app (find with windows search, searching on "Services", or use Windows File Explorer to click through This PC > RMB > Manage > Services and Applications > Services )

If you can't find the post, let me know and I'll re-post here.

but don't have an Android app to check with.
I don't have a Denon or wired ethernet.  DLNA is absent from Denon's specs, there is only a meager reference to it in the manual.   So I'm just suggesting some way to look from the "outside" in to see if that piece works reliably between Denon and MC.

If you don't want to install a music player on your phone, try looking for the Denon DLNA renderer in Windows File Explorer > Network > Media Devices.  Sometimes you may also see your server laptop listed as a Media Device (DLNA) (shows up intermittently for me),  but may need to look from another networked PC which has access to your server laptop.

Another check would be to use the Denon software to play from the JRiver Media Center Service 28.

bob

• Administrator

Right-Click on Playing Now in the tree
Click on "Refresh Dynamic Entries"

Does it show up now?

AndrewFG

• MC Beta Team

^
My usual suggestion: on MC and on the renderer, make sure that both have either reserved IP addresses on the router DHCP server, or (less recommended) static IP addresses.
Author of Whitebear Digital Media Renderer Analyser - http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm
Author of Whitebear - http://www.whitebear.ch/mediaserver.htm

FrankP1953

• Recent member

Thanks @bob and @markf2748 - I'll try those.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team

Another thing:  Multiple MC servers can really confuse networked DLNA renderers.  So make sure you do not have an older version of MC Server running simultaneously in the background with your 28.0.103.  JRiver Media Center Services are listed in the Microsoft Services window (or Task Manager > Services tab > Media Center Service > ...).

It may be that MC 28 is supposed to disable old servers upon installation, but it is easy enough to check for certain.

bob

• Administrator

Another thing:  Multiple MC servers can really confuse networked DLNA renderers.  So make sure you do not have an older version of MC Server running simultaneously in the background with your 28.0.103.  JRiver Media Center Services are listed in the Microsoft Services window (or Task Manager > Services tab > Media Center Service > ...).

It may be that MC 28 is supposed to disable old servers upon installation, but it is easy enough to check for certain.
That's a good point. If one had upgraded using the settings from the previous version of MC it's likely that the new server will get the same UUID as the old one and if they are both running at the same time that would cause chaos.
Pages: [1]   Go Up