INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behavior when removing .jpg files  (Read 526 times)

ajp_anton

• Junior Woodchuck
Behavior when removing .jpg files
« on: January 25, 2022, 08:12:48 am »

There's no setting for storing the automatically created .jpg files for movies in a separate location, and according to other threads there are no plans on changing this. Therefore I'm just manually deleting them.

This actually seems to have no or very few negative side-effects. The cover arts are still visible in theatre mode both on the server and on clients connecting over the network (how I usually use the software).

However, I just noticed that if I browse the files list in standard view on the server (note: standard view only, server only), and hover over a file so that it pop-ups the movie's information and cover art, this somehow triggers MC to realize that the .jpg file is gone and replaces the cover art with some random framegrab from the movie. However, this is not stored in a .jpg file, so it must also be stored somewhere else.

- Where are the cover arts stored?
- Can those pop-ups be disabled somehow, so I don't accidentally reset the downloaded cover-arts?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Behavior when removing .jpg files
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2022, 04:15:50 pm »

Options/File Locations/Cover Art

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art

ajp_anton

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2022, 06:52:52 pm »

Options/File Locations/Cover Art

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Cover_Art
That folder seems to only contain cover art for TV series and their individual seasons, but not for movies.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2022, 10:07:34 pm »

I use MC overwhelmingly for audio, so the details of how it deals with Movies are not in my wheelhouse. That said, for the 100 or so movies I have, the movie cover art is in the same folder as the video file.

I know I have read threads where some video file types (.MKV I think, others probably too), the metadata is stored in sidecar files? so maybe the cover art is stored there?  I honestly don't know squat about sidecars, what the file extensions are, if they are embedded in the video file itself, or whatnot. 

My reply was mainly to get the ball rolling for you - hopefully others who have great knowledge of movies in MC will chime in.
Pages: [1]   Go Up