INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sample rate change when movie playback is stopped  (Read 603 times)

sumitc

• Recent member
Sample rate change when movie playback is stopped
« on: January 25, 2022, 10:07:59 pm »

I am running the latest build on JRiver on a Win11 machine and I am noticing that the sample rate changes from 48kHz, the native rate of a movie, to 192kHz when I stop the movie.  If I play the movie again, the sample rate changes back to 48kHz.  The sample rate change I see on my processor.

From a functionality standpoint, there is no issue.  Unfortunately, my DAC does not mute on a sample rate change and I hear a loud pop when it changes.  Most of the movies I have are sampled at 48kHz, so I would rather just have the sample rate stay to whatever it was while the movie was playing.

I don't know whether this is a JRiver or a Win11 issue.  Any suggestions on things to try to prevent the sample rate from changing?

Thx,
Sumit.

LilyAarseth

• World Citizen
Re: Sample rate change when movie playback is stopped
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 03:55:41 am »

Most likely your sound device is set to 192khz in windows and reverts to this when you stop playback of a movie, try setting it to 48/24 under sound settings -> sound control panel as well to see if it helps

sumitc

• Recent member
Re: Sample rate change when movie playback is stopped
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2022, 05:45:05 pm »

Thx for the response, but the sound device is not set to 192kHz as the default sample rate.  Not sure who is forcing this change when a movie is stopped.
Pages: [1]   Go Up