INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC28: Bug? Saving or Loading DSP Presets from file  (Read 610 times)

AndreaT

• World Citizen
MC28: Bug? Saving or Loading DSP Presets from file
« on: January 26, 2022, 07:11:42 am »

Hello,
I am giving a try to the new MC28 (current version) and I noted that the DSP Preset Load or Save to file doesn't work as I would expect.

Problem 1: Loading from file a DSP Preset previously saved to file, doesn't completely restore the full DSP Studio chain as it should be. For example, the Headphone option is not restored at all.

Problem 2: Once Loaded from file a DSP Preset, then to make it effective I have to manually stop and restart the ASIO driver (I have manually to disconnect the USB cable of my DAC and reconnect it).

Regards
Andrea

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC28: Bug? Saving or Loading DSP Presets from file
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 07:15:36 am »

You're right that headphones aren't part of the saved preset.  I'll fix it for the future.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 07:22:55 am »

I have never seen problem 2, do the different saved files have different settings in output format?

AndreaT

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 07:52:27 am »

Hello @mattkhan, yes, Output Format is different, in one case it is 3+1 and in another case it is 5+1.
Regards, Andrea

AndreaT

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 07:56:13 am »

Hello @Matt, and regarding the Preset Saving "memory", it would be nice to have a kind of drop-down list of the already recorded to be able to quickly overwrite one of these, otherwise it is pity to have remember exactly the name given to that preset.
Thanks and regards, Andrea

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 11:47:53 am »

Hello @mattkhan, yes, Output Format is different, in one case it is 3+1 and in another case it is 5+1.
Regards, Andrea
In this case, you should only need to restart playback. If you then have to physically reconnect the device then it sounds like a v badly behaved driver.
Pages: [1]   Go Up