INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import Problem  (Read 702 times)

lhwidget

• World Citizen
Auto Import Problem
« on: January 29, 2022, 02:10:28 pm »

I'm not sure why, but the internal trigger for Auto Import isn't working on my 3 PCs (my pc in the study & two HTPCs).  The files live on a 2012-R2 server and the PCs are running Win 10.  I'm using an HD Homerun & MC28.105 to record TV, and when I move from PC to PC I don't see recent recordings.    :'(

So I made a little batch file:
cd C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 28\
mc28 /mcc 23000,2

This works but it initiates a 45 second countdown.  I use Task Scheduler to run the batch file a few times in the evening to catch new recordings.  This works, however, the big hitch is, this countdown freezes when in Theater Mode which both of the HTPCs are always operating in. 

How do you format the options to include both?
 1: bDisableAlreadyRunningWarning, 2: bFirstImportMode

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Auto Import Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 04:56:53 pm »

Try changing your code from mc28 /mcc 23000,2 to mc28 /mcc 23020,1 that will trigger auto import silently.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 05:03:34 pm »

MCC 23000 is used to internally trigger specifically that what you are seeing there, the one-time import.

If you just want to run your setup auto-import now, use MCC_IMPORT_AUTO_RUN_NOW (1: bRunSilent, 2: bRunFindFoldersThread) - eg. 23020, as suggested above.
Make sure auto-import rules are setup appropriately to catch any new media.

Auto-Import should in many cases function without needing to toggle it manually though, perhaps no appropriate rules are setup there?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

lhwidget

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 05:23:42 pm »

Well, now I just feel silly, I didn't even read the rest of the 2300 block in the command code chart...

Thanks terrym, that works great.

Hendrick, I'm not sure why it doesn't work reliably. It's configured and works when I launch it manually.  Somewhere back in the versions (since 15) that feature showed up and it worked.  Since 28 and using it for TV, it just doesn't work except when I quit the program and restart it.

lhwidget

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2022, 08:53:30 pm »

It looks like this may be a feature request...

cd C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 28\
mc28.exe /mcc 23020,1

Everything I have tried using this batch file works in Standard View, but not in Theater View.  I have 2 HTPCs plus my work/play PC.  The HTPCs are Win 10 computers connected to TVs and Stereos.  The HTPCs have JRiver running 100% of the time, and are never turned off.  JRiver lives in Theater mode 100% of the time on those HTPCs.

Here's the real problem:
  • Auto Import either is not sensing the changes in the TV recording directory on my server (a real possibility, I'm not a Network guru and I may have somehow broken the low level communication required for this to work), or it cannot function while in Theater Mode
  • The batch file above works when in Standard Mode
  • The batch file above does NOT Import changes in the TV directory while JRiver is running in Theater Mode

Either on purpose, or by accident (or maybe it never did, but I swear it used to) it appears that Import & possibly Auto Import do not function in Theater Mode.  Is it possible to to add or fix this feature?

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2022, 12:02:39 am »

It works for me in in Theater View.
For debug purposes try running mc28.exe /mcc 23020,0 this will display the 'Importing Media' when running and 'Import summary' on completion.
Also try setting up a local test folder, include it in your 'auto import' rules and place a test audio file or some such in it to see if gets imported.
You might want to switch off 'Run auto-import in background' while you are testing your batch file as well.

EDIT: It occurs to me that this could be anti-virus related, are you running something other than Windows Security? See also the sticky 'Taming Windows Defender on Windows 10' at the top of this board.

I think it would be a well reported issue by other users if auto-import wasn't working in Theater View.

I also think you probably need to address the issue of why auto-import isn't working normally, see the wiki page here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Auto-Import.
It may be your network storage does not support file system events which reduces the frequency with which auto-import will run in which case using a batch file is a good work-around.
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2022, 02:59:28 am »

Are those HTPCs setup with MC as a Client of the main PC, which is the MC Server?
If that's the case, then you can only Import on the Server, not the clients. The clients will see new imported files (by the server) after 1 minute or so, when they synchronize with the server.

If you have each machine with its own MC and are managing your files on each of them, consider switching to the Client/Server model. Then you just need to manage the files on the server, and the clients are just players.
Pages: [1]   Go Up