INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.132 beta  (Read 5377 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.132 beta
« on: March 20, 2003, 01:16:05 pm »

Media Center 9.0.132 beta is available.  

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90132.exe

1. Changed: Player window shows volume status for a while after any volume change.
2. Fixed: Wait message during image resizing didn't work properly.
3. Fixed: CD Labeler was not working.
4. Fixed: Some accelerators were not being translated properly.
6. NEW: Media Center will now show error messages returned by Media Server.
7. Fixed: Media Server would not serve files with path in UNC format, again.
8. Fixed: Several fixes to make the new menu system more Windows UI compliant.
9. NEW: Option added to converter to skip previously converted files.
10. Changed: Improved Media Server network error messages.
11. NEW: Added "Copy To Clipboard" and "Play / Show" to the cover art menu.
12. Fixed: "Select Base Name File Path" will remember the last selected path.
13. Fixed: incorrect speed reporting in media server.
14. Fixed: Rename files from properties: Default should be selectable, duplicates are removed.
15. Fixed: The tree right-click menu would not always function on the right files if the menu wasn't shown for the selected item.
16. Fixed: Menu bar would not resize when MC was set to use a large font.
17. Fixed: After tracks were selected for burning, additional tracks couldn't be selected with the "burn cd" toolbar button.
18. Changed: CD ripper never needs Aspi layer anymore, even for SCSI cd drives.
19. Fixed: Showing the tree menu with multiple right-clicks could corrupt the tree.
20. Fixed: Menus would not work with World Time (and possibly other) title bar utility.
21. Changed: Zooming during image playback (with mouse wheel, etc.) will pause the slideshow.
22. Changed: Image playback works more like music playback -- reports duration, play/pause, can seek, etc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

Re: Media Center 9.0.132 beta
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2003, 01:23:43 pm »

Ampersand are not appearing in the Quick Pay menu in File menu (not sure yet if this is the case for all menus...)

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2003, 01:24:17 pm »

Hi Matt,

what about storing cover art internally in wma format? Are you going to fix that?

NoCodeUK

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2003, 01:25:16 pm »

Menus are configured in the customize toolbar as &File &Edit etc but the underlines do not show on the menus themselves.  Presumably this is why ampersands do not appear correctly (seee above) as they have been configured to be shortcuts...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 01:29:25 pm »

Still not sure if this jumping to Hairstyle after a video or image slideshow in Full SCreen.  Could this be an option??  I would much prefer it to go back to the main window unless I had started in Hairstyle in which case I would prefer it to go to Hairstyle.  Seems a bit strange that if you have started in the main screen double clicked to go to full screen that when the thing is finished you end up in Hairstyle...

Adam

jakobluck

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 01:41:05 pm »

I agree.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 01:43:00 pm »

what about storing cover art internally in wma format? Are you going to fix that?

Microsoft changed how they do things for WMA 9, so this may be tricky.

Still not sure if this jumping to Hairstyle after a video or image slideshow in Full SCreen.

Why would a blank screen be better?  You can double-click to leave Hairstyle just like you could from a blank screen.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

NoCodeUK

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2003, 01:48:43 pm »

Rather than a blank screen I was meaning that if it has come from mega me that it jumps back to mega me...

Sorry for the confusion

Adam

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 01:52:06 pm »

I would much prefer it to go back to the main window unless I had started in Hairstyle in which case I would prefer it to go to Hairstyle.  Seems a bit strange that if you have started in the main screen double clicked to go to full screen that when the thing is finished you end up in Hairstyle...

I second NoCodeUK. At the end of a slideshow I may want to go back to the starting point and select the next slide show. Now I get back to the main menu of Hairstyle - not very logical.

I think, if you start from Hairstyle go back to Hairstyle, if you start from Media Library Window go back to that.

Microsoft changed how they do things for WMA 9, so this may be tricky.

Thanks for telling! Cover Art works now, although for consistency internal storing would be preferred, can wait on this!

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2003, 02:03:06 pm »

Remove Cover Art: For consistency it should also be two-phased like delete from library, choice of:

1) Delete cover art from albums (either internal or link)
2) Delete cover art from hard disk too.

nila

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2003, 02:11:53 pm »

Request
Make the 'View Scheme Properties' window resizeable as its VERY hard to edit long strings in here currently due to the limited size. If I could simply drag this window to be twice as wide it'd REALLY help a lot.

Fixed
Jumping to the burning screen now only takes 4 seconds - quite a lot faster - thanks.
Clicking on extra files after some have been sent to the burner and clicking on the burn button now sends them too.

Request
  • Before it never used to jump to the burn screen - now it does it every time which means this button cant be used as a quick way to add files to the burn playlist - could the jump to burner screen be optional?

• A shuffle option in the right click menu of the burn playlist to create a truely random compilation cd.

• Some way to 'temporarily' re-sort a view without it permenantly changing the view for all the nodes in that tree.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2003, 02:25:21 pm »

When selecting and playing a video from disk, switching from internal to full screen mode and back blacks out the screen and it takes a few seconds until the video reappears. Before it was a quick switch!

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2003, 02:48:38 pm »

I had problems installing this version & 9.0.131.  got the following error screens...

"Errors Encounted While Performing the Operation.
Look at the information window for more details."

But there was no more details.

This happens about 1/4 of the way through the initial Setup screen.

I got finally 131 to install but 132 won't.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

RemyJ

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2003, 03:29:01 pm »

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/03/19  Priority: High
    CTRL-n and CTRL-ALT-n now set rating instead of CTRL-SHIFT-n and there's no way to do what CTRL-n did (select tree categories)

• Fixed - Date Opened: 2003/03/18  Priority: High
    Can't play any files with UNC filenames via the Media Server.  Reported fixed in 131 but doesn't seem to be. (it is now)

• New - Date Opened: 2003/03/20  Priority: High
    The mjextman /Connect command is no longer accepting a userid and password as part of the connect string.  'mjextman /Connect m01p://userid:password@myserver' still pops up the userid and password prompt.

If you use the mjextman /Connect command to connect to a remote library when the default local library is empty, MC pops up the Import Media dialog as soon as it starts and requires you to dismiss it before it will connect to the remote library.  Happens with or without authentication.

When Media Server authentication is turned on, you're forced to press enter on the userid and password prompt even if you've checked the 'save this password...' box preventing the ability to start unattended.

The first track you play via a media server with authentication enabled requires you to enter a userid and password again.  It remembers what was entered previously if you've checked the 'save this password...' box but you're still required to press enter.

• New - Date Opened: 2003/03/20  Priority: Medium
    Connecting to a media server seems unusually slow.  20 seconds on my local network.  Most of the wait time is after the library is retrieved.  There doesn't seem to be any network or CPU activity during this time

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: High
    When 'Decode directly to CD' is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/03/18  Priority: Medium
    Old bug resurfaced:  If 'External Encoder' is selected, it's options dialog pops up un-asked for when the main encoder options page is opened.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    If the client actually gets only 1 response to a Media Server search, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/10/15  Priority: Medium
    Analyze Audio isn't handling tracks under 10 seconds very well.   BPM is left at 0 and gains are set anywhere from -20db to +159db.   This would be OK if there were a way to manually adjust the gain and peak level values instead of just being able to clear them.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/21  Priority: Low
    If you hold down the CTRL key while selecting items in the details pane, you can only select 5-6 before the previous selections un-select themselves.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/02/13  Priority: Low
    The YADB track lookup will only work in small batches.  I just tried a batch of 14 track from 'Neko Case' 'Blacklisted' and got the last 4 tracks only.  Had to go back and do 4 at a time to get them all.

• Open - Date Opened: 2003/01/22  Priority: Low
    Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.

• Open - Date Opened: 2002/09/26  Priority: Low
    When collapsing 'Auto Smartlists (audio)' after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2003, 04:33:42 pm »

for the past few weeks somthing has buged me

when you go to edit a field, you cant use Shift+Incert To Past Clipboard To A Field (Like Artist, Name, Album
etc....)

Yes Control+"V" works But Shift+Insert Is A Normal Paste Option For Most If Not All Applications.

Please fix this.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2003, 04:49:03 pm »

The renaming file path works well now, thank you!! ;D

The scrolling accerators stillpick up speed too quickly at the end of the pane. They are difficult to control.

Thanks,

John
Thank you,

John

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
cRe: Media Center 9.0.132 beta
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2003, 04:57:10 pm »

I am seeing the following issues with Media Center:

1. Mp3's imported from a CD do not display images stored in the file during playback or in the database.

2. Can't seem to create a View Scheme that will show a CD of mp3's in the tree by Volume Name/Filename. Files on hard drives show correctly under this scheme but the CDs do not show the folders below the root at all.

3. When in window modde the file propertise window gets los under the Media center window when another track is clicked in the library. Should at least have an option for "Always on top".

4. Everytime Media Center opens it sets the volume for the "wave" output to maximum.

5. Resizing Media Center horizontally in mega-me mode intermittently causes album art being displayed in a visualization to revert to the the MJ Surfer. (Art is inside MP3 file)

Media Center Registered 9.0.132 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3449 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 398 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive S:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive T:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive S: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-104    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive T: TDK      CDRW5200B          Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

mcphzgig

• Recent member
  • From the Land Down Under
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2003, 05:00:11 pm »

I note that hierarchicial 'sticky' sorting by columns in the Content Pane arrived at about beta 130.  I have a few questions.

How can I remove the sorts?  I only seem to be able to re-order them once they're there.

In order to be able to specify the sorting, for example:

Primary: Album, ascending order
   Secondary:  Artist, ascending order
   Tertiary: Track # ascending order,

the only way I have found to implement (starting from the default sort), is to apply them in the reverse order (i.e. Tertiary, secondary, primary).

Is there some other mechanism (like a MS Word style sort dialog for example) that I haven't found?

Also, I think that there may be some quirks.  For example:  I sorted by Album, then added a composer column at the left.  So far, so good.

Then, I changed view - went to a playlist and then back to the original view. Arriving back whence I began, the sort was now active on the Composer column.

Excellent concept, but I am unclear how to drive it.
Media Center - Whatta concept! Wow!

akak718

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2003, 05:03:48 pm »

When playing a .rm Real Video file, editing library fields for any other .rm file will cause MC to hang while trying to save the changes. Not sure if this is true for other formats as well.

noborg

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2003, 05:39:44 pm »

"Rename Files Using File Properties" fails for me.  The Filename rule is garbled:

"(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])"

I get "failed to update"  on all files and they are not renamed/moved.

js

ZRocker

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2003, 06:04:03 pm »

"Rename Files Using File Properties" fails for me.  The Filename rule is garbled:

"(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])(39:[ARTIST] - [ALBUM] - [TRACK #] - [NAME])"

I get "failed to update"  on all files and they are not renamed/moved.

js

I can confirm the same problem...mine are garbled as well.  However, I manually typed in a new one and it worked, but MC retained the dropdown list of garbled entry(s).

bennyd

• Project Leader
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2003, 09:01:27 pm »

- When in Full Hairstyle Mode (22009,3), it is not possible to switch to Full Visualisation mode (22009,2) via the new MCC commands, it stays in Full Hairstyle Mode.

- Can't we have the option back to put the toolbar on the second line underneath the menu ? all my icons won't fit on it now.

- Now we have the option in the right click menu to export a playlist if we clicked a playlist in the treeview. Can we have this for every item in the tree ?

- Using Date Created in a custom made view scheme for my images doesn"t show anything and grouping them does not work either.

- Copy/Paste songs from one library to another doesn't work anymore

- When "Play" is selected in the option "Action to perform when media is inserted" does not work. It asks what to do, if I click "Play", it switches to the device and then pops up with "Please select files to play". As well as for Audio as DVD

- In search wizard : Media Type "Video" is gone, only "Audio" & "Image" is there

Media Center Registered 9.0.132 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium 4 1499 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 464 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\CloneCD\Sounds\SUCCESS.WAV

Burning /  Drive G: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 4:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
may U live 2 see the dawn

bennyd :-)

nila

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2003, 12:28:34 am »

Bug?

I moved all my mp3's to my new drive then removed my old drive and did afind replace in the library to swap all the old filenames to the new drive and dir. (What you suggested Matt just so u have some idea what I'm talking about).
Anyway - at the end of the operation I recieved error messages for all the files saying: Failed to update the following files:
then listing all the files that it should have actually now found.
- It worked but the error message shouldn't be there which is the bug I'm reporting. Also - for a few of the operations, the list should have been huge but all I saw on screen was a huge box (the alert box) but it was totally blank - presuming because it had too much info to deal with from thousands of tracks.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2003, 12:46:08 am »

A windows 98se client can't connect to a windows xp server...

Ross

MHarrison

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2003, 01:43:06 am »

Since upgrading to 9.0.132 I can't run the program.  When I open Media Center I get a message box

"Windows Media v9 is not installed on the system.  Do you want to download and install it now?"

I click on "Yes" get a brief progress bar which quickly shows a download.  When I try to play a track I get the same message box.  

I've tried rebooting & reinstalling.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Marshall

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2003, 05:25:56 am »

CD LABELLER
- Does'nt print the image - it's been like this for ages
-
SORTING
--- No problems with columns that are totally populated eg Name, Album etc. It sorts these quickly and accurately both in ascending and descending sequence. For columns that are not totally populated eg comments, notes etc, it not only takes a long time to complete, but there is no accuracy in the result. It should, for an ascending sort for instance, place all the blank fields first, but this does'nt happen. Non-blank fields seem to be anywhere up and down the column. This has been like this for ages.

VOLUME
- Ctrl++ and Ctrl+- not working

CRASHES
-     Still getting lots of crashes for no discernible reason.

Media Center Registered 9.0.132 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 33 MB
Resource Info: System - 42 %, GDI - 63 %, User - 42 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4522.1800 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4522.1800
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700
wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No

Anna_Dambrogi

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2003, 07:09:56 am »

Hi,
I had on my computer the version 9.0.123, today I downloaded and installed the 9.0.132 but the program doesn't work, it doesn't open. So, I completely deinstalled and  reinstalled, but it's always the same, doesn't work.
So I downloaded the 9.0.131 but the cd label doesn't work, it gives an error message and it close itself,  other functions that I use  works.
So I deinstalled and installed 9.0.123 and this version is the only version that works.
I hope can install a next version..... :'( :-X :-/ :'(

Anna D'Ambrogi

Windows 2000 PRO SP3
Athlon XP 1600
Ram 764 MB
Ati Radeon 7500

Marty3d

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2003, 08:54:30 am »

MC 9.0.132
*NEW
- Scary stuff! Pressing backspace does something but I don't know what! One visual thing is that the playlist above the current one is marked... anything else?? ?
- Clicking Tools - Skin Manager puts the skin window behind MC
*OLD
- 9.0.129: Holding mouse pointer about a cm over the player window, a tooltip pops up saying "Current file (double-click for properties / right-click for Send-to)". Assume this only should appear if the pointer is directly on top of the player window. Seems to happen only when MC's skinned
- 9.0.129: When browsing for Properties - image, the bottom scrollbar is missing. Happens only in some folders (E:\Music2\_Album\, but not in E:\Music2)
- 9.0.129: Sticky views sorting doesn't work with smartlists (Tested: New smartlist,[Media Type]=[Audio] [Number Plays]=>=1)
- 9.0.129: If you select a file in playing now, right-click and reshuffle, the same position (not the same file) is selected...plus the first song!
*ANCIENT
- Double-click on a song in Explorer. If Properties - "Import automatically.." is not checked, the 'Date imported' (in the properties window) is set anyway to when the song is played.
- Quick Play. If you scroll down, the list continues to scroll until the end of the list. Seems to happen when you go through all files (a VERY big list)
- In Mini-Me, MC doesn't display cover art (Display: None) when transparent unless MC's transparent when song changes
- Sticky views doesn't remember sort order in 'Recently Imported' or in 'Playing Now'. Suspects that 'Seq' overrides.
- Can't search for '&' in search panel
- 'Last played' and 'Number of plays' logic wrong. Changes the song to +1 directly past 50% instead of waiting until song is stopped/next is played. Compare with how it worked in MJ8 before MC beta, that's the way it SHOULD work.
- Auto Smartlist "Top Hits -- haven't heard for over a year" doesn't include numberplays keyword, so it really doesn't show any "Top Hits". Same issue for "Top Hits -- listened to today"
- The slider in File Properties flickers between skinned and windows standard when dragged or clicked
- Media Center is named Media Jukebox in Task Manager - Processes
- View Scheme doesn't work with Date Imported. Shows the different date in the tree, but nothing under each item (search panel shows: [Date Imported]=[16 days, 10 hours ago]...perhaps it should convert to a date?). With grouping, it only shows 0-9...
- Bug with resizing MC. You can't resize Mega-me at all after doing the following steps:
1. Select a smartlist
1. Right click on an item in the search panel and select "Edit by typing".
2. Try to resize MC. It doesn't work until you change view to another playlist or scheme.
 Alt+TAB after trying to resize MC also shows a hidden window "JRiver Playback Engine Window"
- Copy/paste in Search panel, you can't select a single item and copy it, nor paste it. Copy/Paste only works with whole string
Haven't tested, but not reported as fixed:
- Installer doesn't remove old install entries in add/remove programs. (Media jukebox entry) Can't check, have made a reinstall of Windows, please confirm
- Undo doesn't work when pasting from one search panel to another
*OTHER
- Seems that MC doesn't show the tag for Replay Gain "COMM(Replay Gain)" at all anymore! What's going on with the tags anyway??? I think a list of whats available and not is in it's place.
*FIXED
- Tooltip in notification area display ' ' instead of '&'
- When importing, the Track # tag is rewritten from 0x to x NOTE: This one pops up now and then, I don't know if the code is ill or something...

Media Center Registered 9.0.132 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1006 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 73 MB

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1210A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Marty3d

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2003, 09:15:52 am »

*NEW
- Scrollbar flicker (see previous post) also appear in Tools - Options - Left pane
- Using scroll wheel in Tools - Options - Left pane uses some weird "Top-Bottom" setting. Please use system settings
*OTHER
- Order in Tools - Options - Left pane seems totally havoc. Startup or GEneral settings should by all means be forst in the list

NoCodeUK

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2003, 09:44:02 am »

I noticed the change of the order in the options screen too but guessed it may have been a new feature ;D  It is pretty screwy tho not having general and playback near the top as these are the ones peeps will use the most often...

Adam

NoCodeUK

« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2003, 10:58:30 am »

I was entering some lyrics and the track that I was entering them for finished before I saved the lyrics.  When I clicked save MC shut down without an error or any warning...

Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up