INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stop after current file  (Read 1038 times)

Mike...

• Recent member
Stop after current file
« on: February 02, 2022, 09:09:51 am »

I was going to suggest such a feature, but apparently it's already there. I stumbled upon it after right-clicking the stop button. I'm just wondering, is there some way to make it the default behavior of the stop button? So that I don't have to right-click first. Or maybe, left-click = stop and right-click = stop after current file, so only one click needed either way?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Stop after current file
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2022, 02:47:33 pm »

If you're handy with the keyboard, you can use Ctrl+Shift+S.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2022, 04:14:18 pm »

Also, if you click on the repeat button (lower right of the track display window in the top player bar), the last menu option is "Stop After Each Item".  This is not just 1-click, it is no-click, once you have set it.

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2022, 04:20:07 am »

That's also an interesting option! You're learning new features every day with this software... I looked at the toolbar options as well and apparently there is a button for this, so I've added it. That's not too bad and one-click if I need it. :)

Though my left-click/right-click suggestion still stands, perhaps you can add that to 29?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2022, 07:48:55 am »

I'll make this addition to the coming MC29:
NEW: Middle click on the stop button fires a "Stop After Current File".

Cheers.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 07:51:56 am »

Very nice, I already purchased an upgrade yesterday, looking forward to it. ;)

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 02:40:06 pm »

Just downloaded and installed 29. :D

Middle-click works. Thanks again!

I was wondering though, could there be some visual cue (other than the right-click menu with the checked option) that playback will stop after the current file? Maybe something can be done with the stop button itself? Different color or some kind of slow flashing, something subtle.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 12:35:11 pm »

I was wondering though, could there be some visual cue (other than the right-click menu with the checked option) that playback will stop after the current file? Maybe something can be done with the stop button itself? Different color or some kind of slow flashing, something subtle.
Already there in 29.0.109:  My "Stop After Current File" optional toolbar button lights up after middle click of the Stop Button.  Middle click again and it goes back to dim.  It also goes back to dim when current track completes, or you start another track, as expected.

However, there is no indication in the Mini-View (<CTRL>+2), which also lacks the three buttons to the right of the position slider (at least in the ThunderStorm skin I use).  Maybe changing the white center square of the Stop Button to red for "Stop After Current File" would help all around, or add a small "LED", or short underline (like in Win 11 taskbar).  Adding those three other buttons to Mini-View would also be helpful.  Not sure, but maybe these changes fall into the realm of skin design.

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2022, 02:01:18 pm »

Already there in 29.0.109:  My "Stop After Current File" optional toolbar button lights up after middle click of the Stop Button.

The whole point of my suggestion was to get rid of the optional button. ;)

Something subtle just needs to be done to the actual stop button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up