INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Artist Info  (Read 820 times)

Mr. Vegas

• Recent member
Feature Request: Artist Info
« on: February 03, 2022, 08:01:56 am »

Hello, is it possible for MC29 to add a function in audio/artists at the top left of an info view.
I imagine it like this, if you hold the mouse pointer over the artist's picture for a little while, a window appears containing the artist's information (such a function already exists under Movie, if you move the mouse pointer goes on the covers).
You could then call up the information for the performer via the Internet or enter it yourself, as is already possible under Movie.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Feature Request: Artist Info
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 08:58:03 am »

In Standard View, if you highlight a file and then use one of the websites listed at the top right below the search bar you can get information of the artist.  I use the Wiki and Google quite often.

Mr. Vegas

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2022, 09:19:33 am »

Thanks for the hint. I've just tried it and this way you can also get information about the artist.
But I would find it nice if you could save the info permanently like with movies.Because it's like that when you look over the cover image with the mouse pointer, an information window with the saved information can be seen.
Maybe that's an idea to include in the future.

Thanks for the answer

FenceFurniture

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 04:46:35 pm »

You could create your own fairly easily, as a "large value field, store one value for each artist". Go to whatever (multiple) sources you want and enter as much info as you want. Only has to be done for one track and it will paste it across all the tracks for the artist.

I did a similar thing for musicians and instruments on each album, and I refer to it extremely frequently (but it was a staggering amount of work). Attached is one of the larger examples, and when I hover over the Musicians Tag it shows up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up