INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Folders and filename music search has no content  (Read 439 times)

RolandA

Folders and filename music search has no content
« on: February 03, 2022, 04:31:19 pm »

Using either of two different Naim streamers, and using MC28 as a server, and using a pretty large library of FLAC files on a USB external drive connected to my computer, I can find music by looking for composer/album, then the files appear and play.  However if I go the Folders-and-filename route, I can track down through the folders to the folder that contains the files, but then the files aren't there (and of course won't play).  I uninstalled and reinstalled MC28, and told it afresh where the music is stored, so hopefully it's done what it was supposed to, but it still doesn't work.  This is a brand new Windows 11 computer.
I notice in the MC28 program itself in the left hand pane, if I select Audio/Files, there seems to be a duplication of part at least of the folder structure:  the actual disk is structured as D:/Dropbox/Music/(many folders, or folders of folders); but in the Audio pane I see D:/Dropbox, then an "All locations (D:/Dropbox) (3); a Dropbox/Music; and a Music.  The Dropbox/Music option does have all the files, but the plain Music option only has some of them and has lost its subordinate folder arrangements - it's screwed up, in other words. 
I also note the little icons all are orange (and look like little gas pumps...) - I don't know what that means if anything.
What have I done?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Folders and filename music search has no content
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2022, 05:41:36 pm »

Do a search for the files outside MC using Windows Explorer.

We don't support playback from Dropbox.  You might be able to make it work.
Pages: [1]   Go Up