INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Standalone MP3 encoder  (Read 12278 times)

Glen

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Cool.
Standalone MP3 encoder
« on: January 13, 2003, 10:41:07 am »

Ok, I've looked and can not seem to find the one app that must be out there. I would like to find a standalone encoder that will take wav and convert it to mp3, using lame of frh.
I would like to be able to convert a single file or select an entire folder to be converted. There seem to be plenty of lame front-ends out there that will do that much, however I would like to also be able to specify the bit setting up to 320 k as well as all  of the other possible settings for the final file. That seems to be the problem with the apps that I have tried. Not too worried about speed, but absolutely must have accurate results. Without sounding too picky, it would also be nice if said program runs in a gui and not command line.
Any help appreciated,
Glen.

RemyJ

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Standalone MP3 encoder
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2003, 10:50:01 am »

What is it about MC/MJ that you don't like for this purpose?   In MC9, you can use the Explorer, select a bunch of files that aren't already in the library and convert them.   You can call the LAME encoder as an external encoder and give it any options you like.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

rocketsauce

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 11:38:42 am »

RemyJ's suggestion would also be the best way if you want your MP3s to have ID3v2 tags.  Most of the LAME frontends I've tried will only write ID3v1.

Rob

ChicoSelfs

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2003, 11:56:10 am »

RemyJ's suggestion would also be the best way if you want your MP3s to have ID3v2 tags.  Most of the LAME frontends I've tried will only write ID3v1.

Rob

I think that's because of some guys think that ID3v2 tags are a faster way to corrupt MP3's data they call it ID3v2 is Evil, personnaly didn't had any problem with Mp3 with ID3v2
Made in Portugal
Pages: [1]   Go Up