INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater view, music background images  (Read 554 times)

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Theater view, music background images
« on: February 09, 2022, 07:27:50 pm »

I really like the background images that Theater view presents when I'm listening to music.  Images from the web of the band.  Great stuff.

But, all of a sudden, when in theater view, after a few songs I start seeing the headphones and vacuum tubes replacement image (HaVTRI).

If I restart Media Center, and start the playlist at the song that had been showing the HaVTRI previously, I see the band images from the web.

So far, I've gone through this three times.

My setup:

MC 28.0.105 on server and client

Server: Win10/64 - up to date via windows update

Client where I am viewing/listening to tunes:  Win10/64, also up to date.

At this point, I am restarting MC client every few songs to work around the issue, not fun but I do like the band images.  :)

Let me know what other info I can provide.

OK, it just happened a fourth time.  This time I notice the image from the prior song lingered on the screen even though a new song had started to play.

Again, Let me know what other info I can provide or anything I can do to help figure out what I might be doing wrong here.

thanks.

=========
Vinyl: Shure V15VxMR, Shure VN5MR stylus, VPI Scout turntable
Shellac: Shure M91, Shure N75-3 stylus,  Dual 1218 turntable

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Theater view, music background images
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 08:01:27 pm »

Another data point...

If, while in Theater view, I press Ctrl-1 then Ctrl-4, I return to Theater mode with the album cover art in view, but a black background.

After about 30 seconds, the vacuum tubes and headphones appear.

=========

Apt Holman preamp (updated), Benchmark Media ADC-1, Benchmark Media DAC-1, Carver TFM-45 power amp (updated), Original Acoustic Research AR-9 speakers (LF surrounds replaced), Sennheiser HD590 headphones

antenna

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 11:38:18 am »

I spent some time yesterday and this morning, trying to track this down.

When I was listening a couple days ago, I was listening to a playlist I had uploaded to Cloudplay, 80's Mixed Bag.  I was listening to it locally, though.

So my efforts to track this down was limited to that playlist.  Here's what I found...

Yesterday I was able to 100% reproduce an oddity regarding the background images in Theater view.

The first song of the playlist is by Golden Earring, the second song is by Payola$.

While watching in Theater view in the manner I described in the first message...

When the first song ends and the second song starts, the audio switched to the second song immediately.  However, the background image of the first song lingers for about 5 seconds, then a blank background for a couple of seconds, then the headphones and vacuum tubes images. Also, the cover art image for the second song does not display.

I was able to see this 100% of the time, for four times in a row.

Here's the quirky part...

When I change the last letter of Payola$ from a "$" to an "s", and restarted the client PC, everything works as expected.  The audio change is, as before, great.  The images  change at the same time the song changes, no delays or blank images, and the cover art image is displaying..

So I change the "s" back to a "$" and no longer see the odd behavior of the images anymore.

That's how far I got yesterday.

This morning I look at this again.  I get the same results as the last attempt of yesterday.   The images display as expected, no delays, and the cover art image displays.

Try as I might today, I can no longer reproduce any quirks.

I'm scratching my head now.  Why did changing the "$" to an "s" and back again seem to fix the cause of the symptoms I was seeing?

When I originally tagged the Payola$ tunes, I cut 'n' pasted the name from a website, maybe it was an odd $ character? [shrug]

In any case, now that I have typed the $ in via the keyboard (shift-4) all seems to be OK, and Media Center is back to its usual excellent self.
=========

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 12:46:24 pm »

We are following, but with no positive input to offer, we are silent :)

Thanks for the monologue, maybe someone on the dev team will have some insight regarding the $ character...

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up