INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: streaming no sound  (Read 552 times)

coax

• Recent member
streaming no sound
« on: February 10, 2022, 03:14:17 pm »

Hi,
I have JRiver 28 on a w10 machine.
audio setup use jriver internal engine (convolution, ...) for music listening, either on local files, or thru the jriver asio driver for some apps.
windows 10 sounds either system or else (youtube in chrome, ...) DON'T go thru jriver . windows sound setup to local realtek driver and small dedicated crappy loudspeakers.

If, in jriver, I try to use the embedded streaming facilities, youtube for exemple, I get the edge browser thing and images. but no sound.

Obviously, if the jriver streaming embedded facilities MUST go thru windows sound engine... its, to me useless.

any idea ?
thanks

coax

• Recent member
Re: streaming no sound
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2022, 03:37:29 pm »

When I try the embedded streaming stuff, the windows mixer do show sound coming in.
but this is NOT what I want !

I would like the jriver embedded streaming facilities sound to stay INSIDE jriver, just like when jriver play files.

I choose asio drivers to separate completely the music setup from the windows

its not to use a wdm driver and do jriver streaming => windows => wdm => jriver

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2022, 04:38:43 pm »

I think you want to use WDM:  https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver

coax

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2022, 04:57:06 pm »

using wdm means that the jriver streaming facilities can ONLY output sound to windows default

unless I miss something,  if I enable the wdm driver, to get jriver streaming sound, I MUST tell windows to use wdm jriver as main output.

which is something FORBIDDEN on my machine.

coax

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2022, 07:39:22 pm »

As a funny thing, among the streaming pre loaded choices there is a swiss jazz radio.
if I click on it, no sound..
if I get the url of that radio and create it via file => open url...  it works fine.

coax

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 02:57:19 pm »

So... quite clear: the jriver streaming things play only to windows default output. No way to tell them to use another audio out (jriver for exemple ?)
THey completely ignore jriver itself, unless using the wdm driver, and choosing jriver as windows output, which look like the only way around.
And this is a very good option to destroy your full audio setup each time whatever windows app decide to output something at full level.
Pages: [1]   Go Up