INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Problem  (Read 606 times)

davidperetz

• Junior Woodchuck
Importing Problem
« on: February 11, 2022, 08:22:34 am »

Hello

I have a problem when i try to configure the auto importer when i add a folder and sub folder option, the folder is not imported. i hit ok but nothing importing and when i re enter the auto import setting im not seeing that folder added.

i ran a quick search here and i saw that few others where having problems with auto importer as well but no answer to that problem

also when i click only import the specific folder without the sub directories, it imports

please help me figure and solve that out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Importing Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 08:24:46 am »

Edit the folder in the Import options and check the settings for file types.  Read about Import on the wiki.

davidperetz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 08:47:48 am »

i chose only images cause thats what i need for that folder

what i realized now is that it happening only in folder where there is a parent folder already in the list.

lets say i have d:\media  and child directories   is configured to video,audio importing.

now i want d:\media\pictures  and all child directories to import only image

it wont let me do that cause it see the d:\media already in the list , but it not configured to image

davidperetz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2022, 02:58:14 am »

Any solution to that problem?

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2022, 07:02:46 am »

David - see if using the Import a Single Folder option will let you import those image files
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2022, 07:50:31 am »

For your top-level directory, you will want to select "Include this folder only" and then add any additional sub directories you want to import.

davidperetz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2022, 09:41:31 am »

but if i chose import only this folder it wont do anything cause all i have under d:\media is several other folders like songs,pictures,movies,tv shows...

so i want the all sub directories under d:\media to import video and audio and just the pictures sub dir  to import images  so the setting look like this:

d:\media                   includes sub dirs         import audio,video
d:\media\pictures      includes sub dir           import image

but it wont let me add the d:\media\pictures if the d:\media is already chosen  even though its diff kind of files imported

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 09:56:45 am »

Remove the top-level directory from your auto-import rules and treat each subdir as its own entry. As a positive side effect this will give you more granular control over your import rules for each subdir/media type.

davidperetz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2022, 10:17:38 am »

ok ill give it a try

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up