INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about features for Classical Music?  (Read 760 times)

High-End

• World Citizen
What about features for Classical Music?
« on: February 13, 2022, 03:29:10 am »

My requests for MC29 are the same as the last 8 years:

* genre specific tags for the remote
Today, when I start playing (any genre) a song the remote (EOS/ Gizmo, what ever) is showing
1st row: song name
2nd row: interpred and album name

what I would like to see in genre classical
1st row: song name
2nd row: composer
3rd. row: orchestra / soloists / conduktor / Chorus
the Tag and there order should be configurable.

As I understand MC it provides the remote (EOS/ Gizmo, what ever) the data to display. So the remote shows what is delivered. Therefore a kind of "debt to be brought forward".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: What about features for Classical Music?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 08:13:50 am »

You can customize what you see on remotes.  Check the server settings under Media Network > Advanced.

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 01:57:24 pm »

I think not.

Yes, there are manifold options for customising views, and very good they are. Unfortunately when you are playing something the only fields displayed are track name and album. They are not modifiable (as far as I have been able to find).

It's a long standing shortcoming.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 03:33:45 pm »

I think not.

Yes, there are manifold options for customising views, and very good they are. Unfortunately when you are playing something the only fields displayed are track name and album. They are not modifiable (as far as I have been able to find).

It's a long standing shortcoming.

Look into MO 4Media and review the updates thread somewhere on this forum. I'm pretty sure it can do what you want.

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 04:17:14 am »

Thanks for the suggestion. On first glance there are no options for customising the playing now display in the app. However, looking at the MO4 thread there is a cludge which involves adding extra tags which MO4 can interpret.

That's a load of work which I'm not going to do (yes, I realise it could be automated to some extent) as I don't really use the standard phone remotes. I generally use the browser interface embedded in an HSTouch window and MO4 won't help in that instance.

It also still only allows 2 lines, I would like the ability to have 3 or 4 or more tags visible and select-able. (Composer, work, movement, conductor, etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up