INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: URL for added streaming site disappears after closing JRiver  (Read 479 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen
URL for added streaming site disappears after closing JRiver
« on: February 13, 2022, 03:41:00 pm »

I've been adding the URLs for sites like Amazon Music to the "Streaming" part of the MC Tree.  The sites work fine in MC 28 (build 28.0.105) when added, but as soon as the program closes, the URL I've just entered disappears.  For example, if I try to add Amazon Music under "Streaming" and close MC, after I reopen, and try to start Amazon Music, nothing happens.  If I then look under "Streaming" in the tree window, and right click "Amazon Music" to bring up the "Edit/Remove" menu and click on it, I see that the URL I had entered before closing MC is now blank and, of course, the site won't load. 

Please advise on what I'm doing wrong, or is this a bug? 

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: URL for added streaming site disappears after closing JRiver
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 04:05:36 pm »

Are you using client / server mode?

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 04:20:07 pm »

Are you using client / server mode?

It's running as a server (i.e., Media Server is enabled and running).

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 04:27:40 pm »

Changes made on a client won't be synced to the server unless you use authentication (login/password).  It's set in Media Server settings on the server.  Restart both sides.

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 04:48:28 pm »

Changes made on a client won't be synced to the server unless you use authentication (login/password).  It's set in Media Server settings on the server.  Restart both sides.

I may not have understood you correctly, but it's not running as a client, it's running as the server.  The change that doesn’t survive the program being closed is being made on the server, I’m not making the change on the client.  FWIW, the name of the added site on the server persists in the Tree list after restarting the program on the server, it's the URL that goes blank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up