INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC fresh install will not download any lyrics. - Solved  (Read 416 times)

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
MC fresh install will not download any lyrics. - Solved
« on: February 14, 2022, 04:56:06 pm »

I have a licensed copy of a previous version and am having a problem getting the lyrics function to work. I just installed 28.0.105 to see if my older version has an issue.  Unfortunately, same problem.  When I right click on a song and click Lookup Lyrics, it appears to go through the motions and places the date and time stamp in the tag 'Last Lyric Lookup', but nothing is downloaded or added to the Lyric tag.

I have tried this with various very common songs with no success.  I tried tethering my laptop to my phone to get a whole other internet connection, new ip etc, but no luck.

I suspect I must be doing something wrong, but can't figure it out.

Just as a test, I manually added word in the Lyrics tag and when the song plays, I do get those words on the screen to the right of the album art. 

Thank you.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC fresh install will not download any lyrics.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 05:00:38 pm »

When you're playing, click on the window in the right side of Playing Now and select "Display Lyrics".

In settings, you can tell MC to look up lyrics.  Use the search window at the bottom.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2022, 05:15:30 pm »

Thank you. I have been doing that on both versions.  Turns out on MC28 I picked an album that apparently doesn't have lyrics published.  I chose another singer and in MC28 it seems to work well.  In my MC26 licensed install, still no luck.  May have to re-install that version.

Thank you very much.

Rudy81

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2022, 05:30:42 pm »

Instead of jacking with MC26, I just purchased the MC29 master pre-order.  Should work on MC28 as well if I understand your email correctly.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2022, 06:04:19 pm »

Instead of jacking with MC26, I just purchased the MC29 master pre-order.  Should work on MC28 as well if I understand your email correctly.
Correct.  28.0.105 or higher.
Pages: [1]   Go Up