INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! Cover art thumbnail will not go away!  (Read 657 times)

Denti

• Citizen of the Universe
HELP! Cover art thumbnail will not go away!
« on: February 14, 2022, 06:44:33 pm »

Somehow the wrong art got saved to a movie I have. I have updated it and the thumbnail will not change. The old image remains. I have tried:

- Closing down and restarting MC
- Restarting entire server
- Rebuild thumbnail
- remove cover art
- deleting the whole movie from MC and readding it

I have cut and pasted a new image and this image shows when I select view/edit (first file). The old image, though, will not go away. Please help me! It's driving me crazy.

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: HELP! Cover art thumbnail will not go away!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2022, 10:55:10 pm »

Somehow the wrong art got saved to a movie I have. I have updated it and the thumbnail will not change. The old image remains. I have tried:

- Closing down and restarting MC
- Restarting entire server
- Rebuild thumbnail
- remove cover art
- deleting the whole movie from MC and readding it

I have cut and pasted a new image and this image shows when I select view/edit (first file). The old image, though, will not go away. Please help me! It's driving me crazy.
If you are making changes on an MC client connected to an MC server, the changes are not likely to stick. Sort the cover art on the server and the client will follow.

Denti

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2022, 08:02:08 am »

This is all being done on the server, not the client.

Denti

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 12:34:20 pm »

Anyone else have any ideas? Where is the thumbnail image saved? How could it still be there after I remove the cover art and the file and then add the file again. It's not embedded in the tags (I checked). So where is it? And how can I not get rid of it?

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 01:44:25 pm »

I know how to delete ALL thumbnails...
1. Close MC and MC Server.
2. Navigate to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 28\Thumbnails
3. Delete everything in there.
4. Open MC, let the thumbnail rebuilding begin.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 01:57:54 pm »

When you say you have "cut and pasted" a new image, you are talking about from MC's cut/paste menu options, right?

Since you say you say the correct cover art shows when you edit the "first file", try this. 
-Right click on this "correct" image in MC and choose cover art/copy to clipboard from the menu
-Right click on the image in MC, yes... again, and choose cover art/paste from clipboard from the menu

I know this seems redundant and silly, but for audio cover art at least, not doing the second step will leave all the remaining tracks with whatever image they had previously that you wanted to replace.  I presume this is to allow different cover art for different tracks of an album.  Not sure if that is the intent, but it is the result.  Granted, MC handles movie cover art differently than audio, so this may not work.  That said, it only takes a few seconds to try, so why not give it a shot.

A couple other things to try:

- copy the image file to the clipboard via Windows Explorer (instead of MC copy from the menu).  Then use MC's paste from clipboard.  At least with audio, when I use the copy command from outside of MC and then paste it, it applies the image to ALL tracks, not just the first file.

- and finally, perhaps the most obvious option of all.  Have you tried simply right clicking on the image and choosing Get Movie & TV Info and then choosing a new image from that list to see if that sticks?  I imagine you have, but figured I should cover all the bases.

Denti

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2022, 02:05:05 pm »

When you say you have "cut and pasted" a new image, you are talking about from MC's cut/paste menu options, right?

Since you say you say the correct cover art shows when you edit the "first file", try this. 
-Right click on this "correct" image in MC and choose cover art/copy to clipboard from the menu
-Right click on the image in MC, yes... again, and choose cover art/paste from clipboard from the menu

I know this seems redundant and silly, but for audio cover art at least, not doing the second step will leave all the remaining tracks with whatever image they had previously that you wanted to replace.  I presume this is to allow different cover art for different tracks of an album.  Not sure if that is the intent, but it is the result.  Granted, MC handles movie cover art differently than audio, so this may not work.  That said, it only takes a few seconds to try, so why not give it a shot.

A couple other things to try:

- copy the image file to the clipboard via Windows Explorer (instead of MC copy from the menu).  Then use MC's paste from clipboard.  At least with audio, when I use the copy command from outside of MC and then paste it, it applies the image to ALL tracks, not just the first file.

- and finally, perhaps the most obvious option of all.  Have you tried simply right clicking on the image and choosing Get Movie & TV Info and then choosing a new image from that list to see if that sticks?  I imagine you have, but figured I should cover all the bases.

I tried all of this and it doesn't work. I tried what tzr916 suggested (deleting all thumbnails), and it still rebuilds as the one I don't want. Where did it come from?

If I select get cover art from online it only shows the one that is wrong that I don't want. If I select Get Movie/TV info is doesn't change it, either.

Note, this is a series, and the individual episodes show the art I cut/pasted. It's the main picture for the whole series that is wrong and that will not go away.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2022, 02:11:12 pm »

It reappears on import because presumably you have "Get cover art..." enabled in your Auto-import settings. As for why it doesn't go away when you delete it, I'm not sure. Is it getting stored as a file next to the movie? Maybe it's got some wonky permissions.

Denti

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2022, 02:17:46 pm »

It reappears on import because presumably you have "Get cover art..." enabled in your Auto-import settings. As for why it doesn't go away when you delete it, I'm not sure. Is it getting stored as a file next to the movie? Maybe it's got some wonky permissions.
I disabled "get cover art" on import, deleted the thumbnails again, opened MC and it's still there!!

It is not getting stored as a file in the folder next to the movie (as far as I can tell). It's an image that came from the Internet, from the "get cover art" feature. So MC put it there. How can I take it away?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2022, 02:19:23 pm »

Oh... this is a TV series and NOT a Movie.  That is different - there are actual folders for TV series cover art, which I am sure you must have gone thru.  If not, go to Tools/Options/File Locations/Cover Art and note the file path for the 2nd item in the list.  Go there and see if you can find the orphan image.

Denti

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2022, 02:21:42 pm »

Oh... this is a TV series and NOT a Movie.  That is different - there are actual folders for TV series cover art, which I am sure you must have gone thru.  If not, go to Tools/Options/File Locations/Cover Art and note the file path for the 2nd item in the list.  Go there and see if you can find the orphan image.

Thank you! That worked. Why couldn't I override this through all the above methods?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2022, 02:31:38 pm »

Not sure honestly.  I use MC almost exclusively for audio myself, so all my suggestions were based on my experience with audio cover art.  MC handles Movies and TV series differently (obviously :)). There is some overlap between them all I imagine, but I cannot tell you the particulars of how and why.
Pages: [1]   Go Up