INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing pop up window  (Read 438 times)

ptry

Customizing pop up window
« on: February 15, 2022, 04:08:49 am »

Is there a way to customize what's shown in the pop up window that appears when you hover over a song? I would like to get the "composer" tag field to show in it.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
Re: Customizing pop up window
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2022, 08:20:27 am »

I am close to positive there is not a way to customize that info.  I don't see anything in settings that would affect that. 

dtc

• MC Beta Team

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2022, 11:03:48 am »

Ha!  Thus why I included a qualifier in my reply of "... close to positive..."   I knew tooltips were updated for when and where they are displayed, but I missed that the info it contains is also now customizable - nice!   

ptry

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2022, 01:50:36 pm »

Thanks.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2022, 02:27:37 pm »

The movie one I linked to is pretty complicated.  All you need to do is create a couple of new fields under Tools - Options - Library & Folders - Manage Library Fields

1) Create a new field called Tooltip and under Calculated Field put [Tooltip - Audio]

2) Create a new field called Tooltip - Audio

3) For the calculated field for Tooltip - Audio just list the fields you want displayed. If you look at the current Audio tooltip you will see it is just a bunch of standard fields. Just add [Composer] to the group of fields you want and you should be all set.

Example for the calculated field.

[Composer] [Album] [Name] [Date]
[Sample Rate] [Bit Depth] [Channels]

If you want a different tip for classical and non-classical just use an IF statement to, for example, use [Composer] for classical and [Artist] for non-classical.  Once you have that working, go crazy and add sorts of bells and whistles, like the Movie one has.

Pages: [1]   Go Up