INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - Playing Now...  (Read 1019 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
OT - Playing Now...
« on: March 19, 2003, 11:03:14 am »

Hi all,

I was reading with interest this tread "talking music..."
http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1047963382

From time to time I also find some music recomendations here and there as OT threads, and I was wondering that... well... we all are from different places, different cultures, but there is a little something that we all have in common... we love music...

And that's why I thought that it would be great to know more about the music that we hear... the music that we love. Sharing with the others that new group that we've just discovered... that concert that we've just enjoyed... or asking for advice on a new genre to sample...

I don't know... maybe this has been discussed before and was not taken into consideration. Or perhaps this is not the place to do so, but... don't you think it would be great for this community to had a forum to simply talk about the passion we all share... to talk about music?

We have the plug-ins forum, the EMusic forum, the Main forum... what about a Music Forum? ...

And even we can give it a name that reminds us of J River MC... "Playing Now"  ;)

Thanks for your time.

-----

Listening to: 'Out on the weekend' from 'Harvest' by 'Neil Young' on Media Jukebox

MachineHead

Re: OT - Playing Now...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 01:41:39 pm »

Listening to: 'Power Of Love' from 'Band Of Gypsys' by 'Band Of Gypsys' on Media Center 9.0

Actually this is Jimi Hendrix. Live show recorded on New Years eve 1969-1970.

I wish he were still around just to see how he would have evolved musically. He was good then, 30+ more years wouldn't have tarnished his mastery of putting out a good jam.  :-/

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 02:33:01 pm »

Deivit,
It's a nice thought you have here.  It's fine to start an OT thread and share what you're thinking about music.  As far as I'm concerned, the OT threads are the comic relief aspect of Interact.  I enjoy most of them.

If it gets to be too much, then we can start a new board.

Listening to: 'Pot-Pourri' from 'Bam Passe' by 'System Band' on Media Center 9.0

Jim

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 11:26:45 pm »

Thank you, Jim.

Take care

K-Wood

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2003, 07:18:56 am »

The "random" autoplaylists are priceless -- I find myself exploring new depths of my ripped CD collection.

Listening to "Running" on Rock Steady by No Doubt; next up: "Territorial Pissings" on Nirvana's Nevermind.

Cool.
Pages: [1]   Go Up